X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid TS3650 Dust port

I love my 3650.I love everything about it,quality,price,mobile base,fence,power,even the color.The only thing that really urks me is why only a 2 1/2 dust port.Dont all these saw manufacturers (because its not just rigid)know that everyone has Dust collectors with at least a 4" Port.I hate having to modify and engineer every woodworking machine I have just so I can hook it up to my Delta.Sometimes I wish I never bought my DC.I should of invested in a few good shop vacs and have a vac set-up for each machine
    Marc

Re: Rigid TS3650 Dust port

"I love everything about it..." but...

You can always remove the stock dust port, and put one of these in the bottom, then close off the back.

Comment

You should be able to just put on an adapter, dust collectors are better than wet vacs. If I had the room in my shop(basement), you better believe that would be the only route I would go, so in the mean time I'm stuck with what I have. Which works alright, just hate moving it around from one machine to another, to much hoses and I'm tripping over them, not a good idea, if you know what I mean. My Band Saw came with the fitting from 2" to 4", but that was the only one, all other machines are just 2" with no adapter. Keep your dust collector, or I'll trade with you and then I'll have to build a small addition outside to install it, cost factor way to much, LOL. But than again might make the wife happy, not having to listen to the wet vac all the time, "ya" that definitely has possibilities there.

Nice job there hewood, we were typing at the same time, LOL, your idea is a very good one, some day I might even do that.
      Last edited by garager; 04-15-2007, 07:34 PM.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

you guys are missing my point,I have a 4" - 2"1/2 adapter but using an adapter restricts the air flow of the DC.If your not able to get your full 1200 cfm then whats the point.The shroud works good if you want to go through all that bull.

My point is that you have to go throu hoops and fire just to use your DC when it should be set up to use one anyway.
        Thats what I was talkin bout.
        Marc

Comment

Ok, your just venting, I thought you were asking a ?
          Last edited by garager; 04-15-2007, 09:14 PM.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Not to be a poop but I think its more like everyone has shopvacs and some have dust collectors. Hence the reason for the 2.5" port. On a happier note, I have seen someone on here that modified the stock port by cutting off the 2.5" port and cutting an oval, then fitting a larger fitting on thestock flange. The oval then transitions into round. Since the area of the oval is the same a the round, the only restrictions should the transition, which shouldnt be much.

Comment

Again,the key word here is modification.......
              Originally posted by stidrvr View Post
              Not to be a poop but I think its more like everyone has shopvacs and some have dust collectors. Hence the reason for the 2.5" port. On a happier note, I have seen someone on here that modified the stock port by cutting off the 2.5" port and cutting an oval, then fitting a larger fitting on thestock flange. The oval then transitions into round. Since the area of the oval is the same a the round, the only restrictions should the transition, which shouldnt be much.

Comment

And they could make the blade shroud detachable with diferant inserts for whatever collection system you want to use.You shouldnt have to modify anything.It would be an easy fix for the manufacturer...

Comment

It seems like we are always [U]MODIFYING[U] Something.We cant just take something out of the box and use it,we have to MODIFY

Comment

Originally posted by jedc43 View Post
                    It seems like we are always [u]MODIFYING[u] Something.We cant just take something out of the box and use it,we have to MODIFY
                    With some woodworkers using shop vacs which come in 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 2 1/4" & 2 1/2" hoses;
                    and some woodworkers using dust collectors that can have 4, 5, 6, or 8" connections;
                    how do you expect the manufacturers to accommodate all the different hookups? There has to be adapters and modifications.

Comment

you guys are missing my point,I have a 4" - 2"1/2 adapter but using an adapter restricts the air flow of the DC.If your not able to get your full 1200 cfm then whats the point...
                      Isn't that like wondering why water lines in your house are reduced in size from the large city main? Think of the flow you'd get with 6" water lines in your house!

I would think a dust collection system is designed similar to any other piping network, so it'd be normal to have supply and header lines that are larger than the service lines.

- djb
                      sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Again,the key word here is modification.......
                        Ok, Im confused, are you looking for a solution or just to complain? The second post in this thread, gave a solution to install dust collector hook up to the lower portion of the saw. A part which is available from Ridgid, and which requires no modification to install. I didnt know that you didnt want to have to modify anything. There are options but that would require you to modify something.

Comment

:

I think most people in here would agree that the type of person buying the Rigid TS3650 would be a home hobbiest who would either have a high end shop vac(2-2 12 hose)Or a low or med end DC(4"hose)Anything under 2" would not have enough flow or CFM.If your piping 6" ducts through your shop then more than likely you have a high end cabinet saw.
                          This saw (rigid TS3650)is a great saw that is targeted toward the beginner or home hobbiest who wants a good saw for a good price.Why not make dust collection convenient for that same genre of people.
                          By the way,who in here has their 3650 hooked up to anything under 2" or over 4".
                          Have a nice day
                          Marc

P.S
                          I guess with even a good shop vac (2")There are some issues.Check out the thread
                          http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11301
                          Last edited by jedc43; 04-16-2007, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
                            "I love everything about it..." but...

You can always remove the stock dust port, and put one of these in the bottom, then close off the back.

Can I ask, on a Ridgid 3650 does the motor move when you cut at angles other than 90*? If so, how does your back section allow for this?

Comment

Not everybody can be pleased at once, you will modify things for "your needs". The link below is a nice set up, better than just sticking a hose on the dust port, because your actually getting more of the dust from under the blade. I hope this will help you, but ya you got to spend time and $$$ to do this.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/filedata/fetch?id=614018

Comment

Working...
                              X