TS 3650 Fence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650 Fence

I just finished assembling my new TS 3650 last night. As I tried to generate my first bits of sawdust I found that the fence doesn't lock down. The fence glides smoothly on the rails whether the lock down handle is up or down.

Am I missing something obvious? (very possible) Did I miss a step in assembly? (went through it again last night) Is there an adjustment of some sort that I haven't found? Or, is my only recourse to contact Ridgid and/or HD to get a new fence?

I used the saw to cut lumber to build a work bench and found out what everyone else already knows. Wood doesn't slide very well on the cast iron preservative they use. You really need to get that stuff off and wax the table top. The short rail of the miter guide doesn't make it easy to cut a square edge. One of my first projects is going to be a reasonable cross cut sled. Dust collection in a basement shop wil be mandatory. Even before the cross cut sled, I need to adapt my shop vac to the TS.

Reading the posts here definitely helped avoid some of the problems that would otherwise have come up.

Thanks!
    There is nothing common about common sense!!!

JPC

Re: TS 3650 Fence

There is an adjustment on the fence. Look in the manaul on how to adjust it.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

JPC -

Welcome to the forum, and don't forget to register your saw for the Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA, start by creating an eBox account). I hope you like the saw, I'm as pleased as can be with mine.

On page 45 of the online TS3650 manual (here's a link to the PDF document: Click Me), there are instructions on adjusting the rip fence to secure it to the rails.

- djb
      sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

A sage advisor once told me a long time ago that when all else fails try reading the directions.
        There is nothing common about common sense!!!

JPC

Comment

Working...
        X