3650 Rip Fence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 Rip Fence

I am putting together the 3650 and things were going great until I tried to install the front rail for the rip fence. After installation the fence is way to high at the front rail. The casting where the bolts to adjust the left/right of the fence is higher then the table. I have tried to reinstall several times, same result. The rail seems to be OK until you tighten the bolts, then you can feel the rail raise. No problem with the back rail. Does anyone have a solution for this problem.

Re: 3650 Rip Fence

I am not sure if I understand the problem. Can you post a picture?
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

TOD, thanks for the response. Will try to post a picture later today.

Comment

The rail has to sit lower than the bottom of the t-slot mitre guides. If it's raising above this, then it's definately a problem.

There may be some slag on the rail casting that's causing it to move as you tighten the bolts on it. As it's aluminum, you may be able to easily remove whatever's in the way. Also, check the edge of the table for bumps or irregularities. See if you can grind them down smooth, if there are any.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I had that same problem with mine, i loosened the bolts just enough and gave it some careful whacks with a dead blow and then snugged it back up and now its fine.

hope that helps.

Comment

TOD, Not sure how to post a picture to the forum. However, I have resolved the problem. See my latest post to the thread

Comment

To everyone who responded, thanks. I have solved my problem (some what). My original installation had the bottom of fence at .106" above the table top at front rail (using the manual of 8 pages is equal to .35"). After disassembly once more I looked at the holes for the bolts. Found the holes not to be the same size. Enlarged the holes to 7/16" and was able to get the distance between top and bottom of rail to .070. This puts all the parts of the fence guide below the table top. May try later to get the fence lower by enlargeing the holes. Now I just want to make some saw dust. Seems like Ridgid needs some quality control.

Comment

Working...
              X