Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Ridgid TS2400LS for less than $449?

Hello all:
    Thanks to many members of this forum who took their time and helped me (and others) when I still was comparing between the Bosch 4000-09 and the Ridgid TS2400LS; last evening I compared between the fences and after I knew what to look for, (I did the same some weeks ago, and both looked OK to me), there was no doubt the Ridgid's is MUCH MORE superior!
    So, now the question: is there a way to pay less than the price in my local HD ($472 including tax). If I call different HDs in my area, may I get different prices (one store has it on sale, or such)? Or there is no point, just get into my store, buy it and that's it? I know Bosch have refurbished ones with factory warranty and everythig, does Ridgid have the same?
    Thanks in advance. Saul

Re: A Ridgid TS2400LS for less than $449?

Check in the news papers as sometimes H D runs 10% off specials and such. Sometimes Cummins Tools (not the Diesel engine company) has recond Ridgid on special. I would hold out for a new one in the box if it were me. You have several Home Depot locations not that far, so check them all when you are out on the prowl. Frederick has 2. The one behind FSK and the other on US40. Hagerstown has a big one on US40 just off I-81. I'm sure Westminster has one or if not, then somewhere in the area. I'll try to keep my eyes open at H D down here in Insanityville. That's near Wash DC

Comment

Thanks Woussco! I DO WANT to buy a NIB one, but looking for a way to make it more "Pocket-Friendly" .
      I went on with your advise, googled HD locations and came up with 19 around my area. Going to call. I will keep you updated. Thanks again. Saul

Comment

Here's one, if you feel like a little road trip.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Let me think about it. Let's see.. I save around $145! Now, how much would be an all around trip to the West Coast? ..... mmmmm. OK, let's forget about it (I was never too good in math....)

Comment

If you're willing to invest some time (and take some risk), you can get a good deal by watching Ebay. I'm just starting out in the WW world, so I'm very conscious of cost. My "wishlist" is already in the thousands, and will take me years to finish, so was willing to do what I could to bring the cost down a bit.

I bought a $500 HD gift card for $450, so that knocks of 10% of my total cost, including tax (since the gift card is effectively the same as cash)! I then bought a 20% off coupon for ~$50. All said and done, I'll end up bringing the total cost of the tools I'm going to buy down by about 20%.

Be very careful though, because it's easy to get ripped off on Ebay buying gift cards and/or discount coupons. Be sure to research the seller before bidding on anything, and stay away from the 20% off coupons "with the perforated edge and maroon band...", because I don't think H.D. is accepting them anymore.

It may be more work than you want to put in, but if you really want to get a deal, it is an option.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks angus.
              I am VERY familiar with eBay. Bought lots of GOOD stuff for VERY good price and sold some too. Never knew about the gift cards/coupons there. I sure am going to search that. There are things going on there that all they do is bring a HUGE above my head. For example, yesterday I was searchig there for nap-time mats for kids (I am full time teacher), someone paid $21 for the same one I found in a "regular" store online for $8 (including S&H), exactly the same items. And I have lots of other examples. Anyway, need to go (search for gift cards waiting for me....)
              Thanks again

Comment

Woussko, I called 12 out of the 19 phone numbers I had. Stoped when the 12th told me exactly the same $449 +tax as the rest..... No relief from this direction....

Comment

I just remembered I have a 20% off coupon that HD gives all of it's employees for Christmas. Being that I am a 22 year old college student i spend roughly 50 dollars a year in HD. I dug it out of my drawer and it expires at the end of April. This will knock off roughly 90 dollars from the 2400 purchase. It is good for a maximum discount of 400 dollars so you might be able to get some other things on your wishlist for a decent price is budget permits. I've got no use for it so name a price it's yours.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                    Here's one, if you feel like a little road trip.
                    That person won the Ridgid $5K sweepstakes. He is selling some of the things he doesn't need.

Comment

Are you serious?

Comment

Unlikely you'll find the saw for less at one particular store. Usually the sales are standardized among all stores. I got the HD credit card just so I could get the 10% discount on the first purchase. Got the 2400 plus a few other router bits and stuff, then paid the card of right at the cashier.

Comment

Yes, I just bought a 20% off discount coupon and with other discounts I will end up paying something like $400 instead of $470.

Comment

i just got mine during the ultimate power deal 375 plus tax and if you get a home depot card you will get 25 dollars off your first purchase

Comment

I have already a HD card but it could help if there was a way to find out when they are going to have a new sale like this? (Something like "inside info" )

Comment

Working...
                              X