Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excited...but getting frustrated

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
    If you still have any of the drills with major runout issues, you might try removing the chuck and use your dial indicator to check the spindle.
    The .007" the chuck is off is enough so that you can visually see it. Though I did not remove the chuck, you can see the spindle has the same wobble as the chuck. The toll free Ridgid support guy said it was a problem with the drill and could not be fixed by replacing the chuck.

When I discovered my defective drill, a quick search on this forum turned up other drill owners with the same problem. I want to avoid having to return this drill multiple times before finding one that does not have the run-out issue.

Comment

Let's hope it's just one batch of them that were bad and that the rep or someone with customer service can give some info on serial numbers.

Comment

For me, going to HD is like going to Denny's. I don't leave home to actually go there, I just endup there after I find out everything is closed. My Ridgid BS is the only large item I have gotten from HD. I was happier than mouse in a house in Dec. when Lowes opened here. I was treated like crap one too many times at HD and this ol Jar head will only take that twice. The second time is my oun fault.

Comment

After deciding to buy a 3650 last month I had a hard time finding one in southeast to south central Michigan... Coldwater, Jackson, etc sold out other than floor models. Had to go to the parent's Easter Sunday in Monroe, swung through Toledo and low and behold they had a new one in box in stock... Last one other than their floor model. Guess I got lucky.

The Coldwater, Michigan Home Depot is running short on pretty much all Ridgid power tools... no planers, no jointers (in forever) and only the floor model table saw (which they sold the fence rails off of). They do have a few band saws and a spindle sander and a myriad of miter saws...

Comment

Working...
          X