BS1400 Pulleys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS1400 Pulleys

Hi - I'm new to the forum, but have alreay seen a lot of good info.

I've recently purchased as BS1400 and have been working through trying to get the vibration out. I've already had Ridid send me a new upper wheel as the original was pretty off balace. I'm considering putting on some machined pulleys, but I have not seen anywhere on the web to purchase them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: BS1400 Pulleys

Thake the OD of the pulleys and the shaft OD (this is the ID of the pulley)... those are the critical measurements when purchasing pulleys. Get them from a reputable manufacturer that will guarantee how round they are.

I haven't even attempted to replace the pulleys on mine. I put on a Powerlink belt and it seems fine. I went through a lot of critical measurements on wheel-wheel planar dimension. With both wheels in the same plane, the bearing and guide blocks aligned properly, and proper tension with the proper blade (as per any manufactured BS), I can now resaw to 1/8" with my Ridgid BS14002. It takes time, patience, and a lot of messing around with tiny meaurements whilst holding a measuring device (be it the 4' level, the 1' level, the machined squares, or the calipers). However you do it, do your adjustments carefully, think through the process, and be prepared to do jackstands with a level or a square and your free hand having to move a thumbscrew or something. It takes time and patience. For the price of the Ridgid BS, I'm quite happy with what I have.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

When you say "Pulleys" do you mean the 2 wheels that the band rides on, or do you mean the V-belt pulleys such as on the motor and shaft that drives the lower wheel?

Comment

I was referring to the pulleys that the drive belt rides in, that powers the lower wheel. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X