X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" Band Saw

I had gotten the 14" Bandsaw. And after reading in WOOD, I thought it would be a good ides to get the riser block. I had a very hard time looking on the Ridgid web site and if I found it correctly, then they want $153 for it. So much for WOODS article stating it shoulent cost more then $80-100 for it. Has any of you found one cheeper?

Re: 14" Band Saw

Yes, many have. Grizzly has one that will fit the Ridgid BS for somewhere in the neighborhood of $60. Use the search feature near the top of the page and use riser block as your search subject. I'm sure that you'll find the Grizzly model # in one of the threads.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Boy I feel like I got a bargain. When I bought mine I got the saw, fence, and riser block all for $369.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I found the riser block on Grizzley. Now I just hope it will work on mine.

Comment

Be sure that it is a complete kit and not *just* a riser block. You will need two, longer blade guards, a longer bolt to hold the upper and lower halfs of the machine together and the height adjustment bar which raises/ lowers the blade guide blocks and the bearing. I haven't looked into the Grizz - just offering a potential 'heads up', as it were.

Later,
          Chiz
          Last edited by ironhat; 04-23-2007, 11:39 AM. Reason: correction
          Later,
          Chiz

Comment

Working...
          X