X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First project back at woodworking.

So now that I have a 3560 and a drill press, I have finally gotten time to myself to get to work. Today I spent my entire day in my new workshop and built this.

It's not done yet. I've got a little more finishing work to do on it tomorrow but I think is pretty darn decent for a guy that hasn't done much more than handyman type work over the last decade.....

Oh, and here is my workshop. A lot of the tools I have, I inherited from Grandpa. Needless to say, he's tickled that I'm finally doing this kind of thing again. It gives us another thing to talk about.

So how many of you boys are into woodworking? Does anyone here have plans they want to share?

My next project is going to be a workbench. I have limited room and Miyako and I agreed that BOTH cars must fit into the garage incase of a storm, so I'm going to build a folding workbench. I'm designing it on AutoCad right now. It still needs to be heavy but it will only stick out about a foot from the wall when folded. If any of you have plans or pics of a folding workbench, I'd love to see them. I'm not designing mine and could use some ideas for the more experienced among us.

I found a folding workbench in ShopNotes Issue 72
    that I really like. If I needed that kind of bench I think I would build that one. Here is a link to where you can download the plans (for a fee of course [img]smile.gif[/img] )

http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/wbenchfold.html

Good luck
    Matt

[ 05-22-2004, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Matt S ]

Comment

Nice chair Sarge. Good job! [img]smile.gif[/img] That's almost identical to the ones I make. What kind of wood did you use?
      You must be pretty young to still have your Grandpa around. I"m jealous.
      Thanks for the pics. It's nice to see something besides tool b!tches for a change. You might start a new trend! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Originally posted by Matt S:
        I found a folding workbench in ShopNotes Issue 72
        that I really like. If I needed that kind of bench I think I would build that one. Here is a link to where you can download the plans (for a fee of course [img]smile.gif[/img] )

http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/wbenchfold.html

Good luck
        Matt
        That workbench is VERY simlar to the one I'm designing now. Mine is based more on this one from Garrett Wade . Note the back section runs all the way down to the floor and is notched to allow for an endvise.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax:
          Nice chair Sarge. Good job! [img]smile.gif[/img] That's almost identical to the ones I make. What kind of wood did you use?
          You must be pretty young to still have your Grandpa around. I"m jealous.
          Thanks for the pics. It's nice to see something besides tool b!tches for a change. You might start a new trend! [img]smile.gif[/img]
          I don't know if you consider 33 to be young or not My Grandpa is almost 90 now.

I used cedar for most of the chair. However, I ran short on materials and ended up using some white pine scrap for the arms. My wife wants it painted, so I figured that using untreated pine whouldn't hurt.

Comment

I like that workbench too sgt

Comment

Working...
            X