X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS Fence

I had to buy the fence for the Ridgid BS because it didnt come with any extras from Home Depot. The problem I found is unless I want the fence guides to stick way out I have to mount it where the fence STAYS on the saw. To take it off, either have to remove the front fence guide, or remove the blade because it's on the left side of the blade. Did I put it on wrong, or is it the same for all?

Re: BS Fence

I can't say for sure since I don't have the fence but if you followed the directions it's probably just way that it's supposed to be, and sometimes stuff we buy just doesn't suit us. And sometimes it's just a matter of making allowances and gettin' on with business.
    Later,
    Chiz

Comment

Crap, sorry for asking. I thought someone might have helpful advise not sarcasum.

Comment

Jeez, I sure didn't mean it that way. It was an observation on my part regarding tools and attachments and how they sometimes don't work the way we want them to even when installed correctly. Please accept my apologies for my poor wording. No offense intended at all.

Chiz
        Later,
        Chiz

Comment

Wow sure didnt think Ironhat was being sarcastic so kinda leaning to not answering this post but for what its worth I went with a Rockler table and fence for my bandsaw and love the set up. I know that does not answer your question but from my personal experiences sometimes its better using a third party supplier for aftermarket accessories than the actual maker.

Comment

Originally posted by drift393 View Post
            <snip> ...from my personal experiences sometimes its better using a third party supplier for aftermarket accessories than the actual maker.
            Boy, that's the truth and what a sorry state of affairs too. You'd think that a manufacturer would want to design what would give the best perforance on their machine. OTOH, They're probabaly more concerned with price-point than perfection. By the time you do all the add ons you're up to the next price bracket of better saws. But then you want to improve it and... you get the point.

So, ernurse, did you get it to work out for you? There are probably others with the same one who would like to know what you did.

Later,
            Chiz
            Later,
            Chiz

Comment

My local HD had the Ridgid fence installed on the display model, so I thought it would be included. Oops. But, I was utterly underwhelmed by it anyway, so I would up getting the Kreg bandsaw fence via Rockler. You can buy it just about anywhere online, so pick your favorite purveyor of hardware...

I'm including a link to Amazon, not to encourage you to buy it there (support Woodworking businesses!) but because it has some good reviews. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...8158292&sr=8-1

If you HURRY you can get this from Rockler and 20&#37; off, via code #V7801 (exp 5/3/07), bringing the price down to about $88... that's an awesome deal, IMO.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...andsaw%20fence

Comment

Working...
              X