Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650 Fence height from Table

Hi

Putting together my 3650 and ran into an issue I need input on. I am trying to align the front and back rails to the rip fence page 22/23 in the manaul. Sliding the rip fence to the right miter gauge I can't get the front of the fence to less than 11 pages the back will tighten to within the 8 pages limit but evertime I tighten up the front rail it raises up to the 10-12 page range at the miter slot. If I slide the fence towards the edge of the table I get to the 8-9 page range. Is this a cause for concen and if so how do I fix it. Thanks.

Re: TS 3650 Fence height from Table

Originally posted by 1rreynolds View Post
    Hi

Putting together my 3650 and ran into an issue I need input on. I am trying to align the front and back rails to the rip fence page 22/23 in the manaul. Sliding the rip fence to the right miter gauge I can't get the front of the fence to less than 11 pages the back will tighten to within the 8 pages limit but evertime I tighten up the front rail it raises up to the 10-12 page range at the miter slot. If I slide the fence towards the edge of the table I get to the 8-9 page range. Is this a cause for concen and if so how do I fix it. Thanks.
    Mine ended up slightly less than 1/8" above the table...won't go any lower than that.
    I can't imagine it would matter unless you wanted to rip something thinner than the gap. Unlikely, in my case.

Comment

I had this same problem. It turned out that one of the front fence bolt holes was drilled 3/64 inch higher than the rest. I remounted the front fence rail without that bolt, and managed to get the fence to sit 5/64 off the table when locked down. The misaligned bolt hole was the one next to the last on the right (the right most hole on the main table). BTW, 8 pages is about 1/32 inch (.034). When not locked down the rear of my fence rides about 1/32 off the table, but the front is still 5/64.

Comment

Had the same problem. Holes in table and wings were different sizes. Redrilled the holes to 7/16" and fence adjusts per manual.

Comment

Working...
        X