Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home depot Plywood Sucks

Hi people,
    Anyone else have any complaints about the plywood at home depot.Its bowed to hell.Whats up with that.Isnt that the reason we use the plywood,is because it is stable????
    Marc

Re: Home depot Plywood Sucks

I've found that most of the lumber from HD and Lowes is terrible. Luckily we have a local chain here called Menards that stocks some reasonably flat stuff. But if you really want good stuff, you have to get the expensive stuff that the big box stores don't carry.

Comment

Just about everything HD sells sucks! Either it's sub quality or seconds that they get cheap. If you are buying lumber there, you need to pick the "best" pieces and build the same day before it turns into a pretzel! Forget nails, the junk lumber will pull them right out, you need construction adhesive and 4" screws to keep their crap in place.

Comment

I always allow an extra hour to my trips to HD and Lowes when I buy material there. This give me time to sift through their stock and cull out the unusable pieces.

Comment

I found a couple of local lumber yards that sell hardwood and good plywood. Home depot and lowe's cater to the contractor, thow it together and sell it high crowd. I bought a few sheets of Birch ply at HD for my shop cabinets and three of them have started to delaminate, poor stuff.

Comment

HD plywood is terrible, so is Lowes and also Menards which i think is actually worse than HD or Lowes.

What would you expect for plywood stored outdoors year round at Menards.

I go to a local lumber store for my plywood, I pay more alomost $60.00 a sheet for Red Oak. but at least it's flat and stays that way.

Comment

Working...
            X