X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 Cast Iron Wing?

On the verge of purchasing the 3650, upgrading from a Ryobi TS. I stop into various HD during my travel and notice that the wings on the 3650 have a different bevel angle on the front. Am I seeing this correctly? It may not affect performance at all, but why would the main table be different than the wings? Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: 3650 Cast Iron Wing?

Mine are all the same, bevel looks identical.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

On my 3650, both wings are beveled but the main table isn't. I don't know why...but it doesn't affect use at all.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

For clarification, I made a quick run over to the depot and took the following picture. I guess the bevel angle isn't different, it's just deeper. The wing is to the left, and main table to the right.

Comment

I aquired my 3650 just last month, 03-07, and it's like VASandy's; taper on the wings, none on the table. And likewise, no effect on usage one way or the other.

Comment

The only reason I can think of for having beveled edges on the table and wings is to cut down on the amount of material used to make them. There would appear to be no advantage or disadvantage in having or not having the edges beveled. The edges on my 3612's table and wings are not beveled at all.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Mine are identicle from table to the wings. What I always thought funny is that the wings are beveled at the front and back and the table only at the front. IMO the bevel is probably there to eliminate the ridgid feeding edge making a smoother transition for feeding stock. And, I suppose they beveled both, front and back of the wings so the consumer wouldn't have to decifer between which wing one was the left and which was the right. Who knows?
              No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

Mine looks exactly like your photo. Doesn't impact performance in the slightest. If it bothers you aesthetically, I've heard you can file it down pretty readily (I did not) with a big metal file.

I added a Bench Dog ProMax router table, replacing the left wing and it has NO bevel. So my table has one bevel, the right wing has another bevel, and the left "wing" (router table) is squared. Again, no performance issues. The only thing is that you have to be careful with large sheet goods to no run it over a corner or something and get a nice big scratch.

Comment

Working...
                X