X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" Bandsaw

I just purchased the 14" bandsaw and was wondering what others are using for a fence. I was looking at the Kreig fence but wanted to get other Ideas before spending the bucks.

Re: 14" Bandsaw

If this is the 14002 model, I got the Ridgid fence after getting the saw. I don't like this fence because you have to remove the blade to remove the fence off the guides if you put the fence on the left. You cannot just lift it off. You have to slide it. If you turn the rails around the other way, they stick way out to the right and will get bumped into. To tighten the fence, you have to tighten two diff. handles. One to tighten the front and one for the back. It would be a okay fence if it just lifted straight up. Sorry this don't answer the question of what one to get, but it's my opinion of what I wouldnt get again.

Comment

I have the Kreg and it works good. It's easy to set the drift adjustment, and the fence will lift off the runners. I still will use my home-made fence at times simply because it's taller. If I'm resawing to the saw's capacity, I like using a taller fence.

If you need increased accuracy and the ease of moving the fence, the Kreg is a good fence. If you're not all that concerned about accuracy, a home-made fence will work fine.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I have the Kreg and really like it. If I need a taller fence for resawing I just bolt one to the t-slot of the Kreg.

Comment

Longhair - do you mind to post a couple of pictures of the rip fence when you need a taller fence for re-sawing (using the T-slot of kreg) ?
          Thanks!

Comment

Another one with a Kreg.

Comment

Working...
            X