X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changeling, you have a PM.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

First off, How do I answer a PM? I see no icon to press or anything!

I noticed that the Ridgid R2600 has a 1 1/4 and 2 1/4 hose attachment (literature on web site). Wouldn't I be way better off with the 2 1/4" hose setup than the 1 1/4 inch. In other words shouldn't I be looking for a Vac with 2 1/4" hookup instead of the smaller hose? Are you limited in hose length with the larger hose due to vacuum loss or anything?
      Changeling

Comment

Changeling, I use the EXACT same setup as woody with the PC sander and the Stinger vac. Works perfect. Can't help much about the other vac questions, I have an old 10 gallon shop vac that I only use ocasionally. I have a Grizzly 2hp dust collector hooked up to all my stationary tools.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by Changeling:
          First off, How do I answer a PM? I see no icon to press or anything!
          Go to the top of the page and click on "my profile". You'll find you PM's there. It sure would be nice if there was an easier way to tell if you had any incoming PM's but for know thats the only way to find out.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Badger Dave I don't have a "Profile" button at the top of the page are anywhere else. I emailed the "web site" so I guess they will straighten it out. Meantime, if you have the time email me at home with the information you have (message).
            chook2r@hotmail.com

Woody, the dedicated Vac (Stinger) sounds like a good setup for the ROS sander. If memory serves me well I have a brand new small shop vac that I bought at an auction and have never even opened. I will locate it and give you guys the specs and see what you think. I just can't take the loud sound of the old vac anymore!!
            I have decided though to get another Vac like what we have been talking about so I would appreciate an answer on the hose question.
            Changeling

Comment

I forgot to add:
              i was at Lowe's this morning and looked at the Shop Vac brand. They had a series called the "Contractor", actually that's all they had.
              They didn't have casters on all 4 wheels! The two rear wheels look like they donn't turn, you just drag it around I guess, or can someone set me straight? I like the idea of Castor's on ALL 4 wheels.
              Changeling

Comment

Grey Ghost, That is "not" what I have. I have the following:
                Login: register: search: faq: forum home

That is right below :
                New Topic: Post Reply:

Underneath the "RIDGID logo" is the following:
                "You are not logged in. Login or Register.

Everfytime I post a reply or post a new question I am asked to sign in again and again.
                Hope this helps, you and me!

Comment

Woody, when your two Ridgid WD1245's you bought for the roof work broke, didn't RIDGID fix them free? They have a Limited lifetime warranty on everything. I don't understand!
                  Changeling

Comment

I'm not entirely sure on this, so take it for what it's worth....

If you are not allowing cookies to be set by the site then you will not logged in, ever. Cookies are set to establish your identity on the site. Might want to check this.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Spowell, cookies are inabled.
                      Changeling

Comment

Changeling,

They were returned from a large project which started before I moved into the office position from the field management position.

The person in charge of tool purchase's told me that in commercial use the warranty applied only for 30 days. I did not persue it, it was not my scope of work. I did however, being familure with Ridgid and the site, tried to aid in finding parts, which could not be found.

The cost of labor to persue this would have cost more than a replacement as well. It's business, you weigh cost against returns. If it would have been a $50,000.00 vac system, I'm sure the manufacture would have been on site in 24 hours with a repair rep. It was just a wet/dry vac.
                        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Woody, I see what you mean from a business stand point but I am not in the business, this is for home use. So if I run into this problem what happens to my warranty? Do I get a new Vac or what, or does this mean I would be S.O.L also? This point is very important to me.
                          Changeling

Comment

That's a very good question!
                            I was dicussing that issue at work today, and found out that both vacs had the same problem, and perticularly with the same brush on both motors. Our guy made one work out of parts of 2. We have spare parts for the working one, including a motor. But when the brushes ware out, what then? Does this mean it's a Disposable tool?

I would like to hear from one of the moderators on this. Is all vacs like that? Once the brushes ware out, you throw the whole thing away? I own 3, not of that size, and are well kept. Used, and will no doubt at some point need brushes.

There are many manufactures that suggest replacing the brushs after so many hours of use, and sell brush kits. What is Ridgid's intent on this issue?
                            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Woody, thanks, I need to know the answer as well. I bought the R2600 ROS, but I want to know where I would be if the problems you encountered with the vacuum (before I buy) carry over to me, homeowner.
                              I would also want to know if there was a service center for the Vac relatively close to Fredrick Maryland (I will not mail a Vac).
                              Changeling

Comment

Working...
                              X