MSUV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSUV

I'm going out to the shop to put together my new miter saw stand..... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ok I've finished it and here's the page I made for it on the web. I'm very pleased with the fit and finish...only had to drill three small holes to mount my LS-1013 SCMS to it....works like a charm!!

About 15 minutes to setup and get the saw locked down....another 30 to play with it...about 90 seconds to setup or break down....here's some pics....

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodcat/MSUV.html

[ 03-04-2003, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: KellyC ]
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Thought MSUV stood for Monster Sport Utility Vehicle! and was going to remind you how you were supporting terriorists Keep us posted!
    Dave

Comment

Kelly
      In your third picture you have your twinstack comp. on a hand truck, what brand is it? I am in the process of making a few mods to a hand truck to make a portable comp./gun station. I am using one of the horiz/vert hand trucks and building a box that will drop in that will hold several finish /brad nailers and an assortment of nails and lube. It will have a spool built on the back for a 50'hose and maybe a heavy ext. cord. Can't figure out where to stop with features, probably when I can't lift it into the truck.

I currently use a Devilbiss oil-less hotdog but am considering upgrading before I go to the final design. It is a good little comp., but like all of this type it is noisy.

The wife and I do small remodel and repair jobs and I try to make things as portable and vertical as I can to take up less space.

Bob

Comment

Kelly,
        That is exactly my set up as well. Same stand and the same saw. The set up works very well for me. The only problem I've run across is that some door ways are too narrow to get through with the width of the SCMS. In those situations, I've either scooted it in sideways, or removed the saw from the stand. Since I have the saw mounted with wing nuts, that's not a big deal either.
        Paul

Comment

That sound you just heard was me wacking my forehead with the palm of my hand. After posting my last reply, I realized that I've never tried turning the saw to a 45degree angle while trying to move the saw through doorways. I'll have to give that a try, after I get over the embarrassment...
          Paul

Comment

Dave.....NEVER! The newest car in the driveway is a 1978 El Camino SS...doubt there'll ever be a newer one that that.

Bob....the twin stack is a Porter Cable model ($259 at Amazon). I hate the rollers for the hoses...really screws them up in the cold.

Good recovery Paul....you got to the fix before anyone else did!
            Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Working...
            X