X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing BS riser

I posted this on the Gen. form also, but I need an answer today. I need to take the top off the BS because my riser will be here tomorrow. But I don't have the larger socket/wrenchs to fit. So before I run out and buy the wrong size, what is the usual size? And are the nut/bolt usually the same size?

Re: Installing BS riser

I used open end wrenches and large lock joint pliers mine was 1 1/8 inch but it is a Craftsman same as the Hitachi saw
    check out

http://woodandwax.googlepages.com/home "tools ans Jigs"

The riser was really easy to install
    Please check out my web page
    www.woodandwax.net

Comment

Forgot to mention there is also a link to a free screwdriver from General Tools on the site also. I just got it up and running so give me your thoughts and ideas about it.
      Please check out my web page
      www.woodandwax.net

Comment

To determine the wrench size for a bolt or nut, measure flat-side to flat-side. That is the "size" required. In todays world, I would recommend buying a small combination square that has both inch and metric scales. If you use the inch scale and its kind of a "tweener" measurement, check it with the metric scale, and vice versa. Not uncommon for today's machinery to have a combination of inch/metric fasteners.

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
        X