3650 pesky fence guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 pesky fence guide

bought my new 3650 2 days ago. My rear fence guide didn't line up with the left hand mounting bolt after assembly. It just hung in mid air! Yes, I set the guide scale at 7-1/8 at the right edge of the main table. Called tech support. They told me to move the guide so it lined up at 7-7/8. Now I had a scale starting at 5/8 instead of 0. Called back and spoke to another tech. I measured where my scale was mounted from the end of the guide while he measured his. Mine had been mounted over an inch off!! He's sending me a whole new rear guide extrusion with the scale mouted correctly. He also said the manual was right at 7-1/8. What a great saw though

Re: 3650 pesky fence guide

I can't tell if you unhappy about getting a saw with a mfg. defect or very happy that your Customer Service experience was a positive one. I'm glad everything worked out for you and in a timely manner to boot.

By the way, welcome to the forum.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I am thrilled with the saw, customer service, and , that I didn't do anything wrong in assembly. I'm most thrilled that the fix is on the way to boot.

Comment

I have found Ridgid support to be among the best out there. Enjoy the 3650, and welcome to the forum.
        Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Welcome, Rickdom!! Congratulations on your new saw. I've found Ridgid's support to be pretty darn good, personally. I hope your new parts get there soon and you're up and makin sawdust!!!
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
          X