Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking on TS3650 Arbor

Hi All,
    I'm thinking of purchasing a TS3650 this week, and if possible I would like to get the new arbor!

Is there any way to look at the bar codes to detect whether I have a saw with a new arbor, or do I have to actually open the box and look at the arbor?

Sorry if the answer to this has already been posted, but I couldn't find it.

i don't think you're going to have luck with the bar codes, but if you do have a bad arbor, i can help you replace it. It's a lot easier to get it done by a pro, but can be done by yourself (as i did).

Don't let that deter you from buying an otherwise steal of a saw. Besides, it only ocmes into play when using a dado head, so if you don't do that or rather do dados with a router you could go your whole life and never worry about your bad arbor.

Comment

Thomas,
      Thanks for pointing that out. As it happens, I do not do dadoes on the table saw. All my dadoing is done on the router table or with my Festool system.
      Thanks again!

Comment

well there you go, you'll never need to check it then. It performs masterfully with a single blade even on a "bad" arbor.

FYI with a dado set on a "bad" arbor, your dado's bottom would have a slightly deeper channel running down its length the width of one chipper. When i test cut with mine it was about 1/32" deeper by 1/8" wide on that one part of the 3/4" wide dado.

But if you ever do want to replace, let me know i'll help you.

Comment

Originally posted by MSchenker:
          Hi All,
          I'm thinking of purchasing a TS3650 this week, and if possible I would like to get the new arbor!

Is there any way to look at the bar codes to detect whether I have a saw with a new arbor, or do I have to actually open the box and look at the arbor?

Sorry if the answer to this has already been posted, but I couldn't find it.
          Check the date code which is sometimes printed on a sticker on the box and is definitely on the owner's manual inside the box. It looks like P0513 (year '05, week 13) so far is the earliest known good datecode on this forum.

Comment

One seller on E-Bay frequently has arbor kits with bearings. I've bought a couple since they fit an old Craftsman I'm restoring. I'm looking at one now and I can't see any narrowing of the shaft at all it's perfect. I think they sell for about $15 + shipping.

Comment

You might want to check out the ideas for strengthening the legs too.

She's got legs

Comment

Hey I-9, can you hook me up with the e-bay seller or item number on the arbor kit please? I've given up on Ridgid customer service.
                TIA,
                Chiz
                Later,
                Chiz
                https://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...lies/frown.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...es/redface.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...s/rolleyes.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...lies/smile.png

Comment

I just bought a 3650 with a date code of PO516, will this saw have the bad arbor? I am really new to this hobby and donot own a dial indicator,buying the saw took all my reserve. Can I test a differnt way
                  Please check out my web page
                  www.woodandwax.net

Comment

That eBay store is Tennessee Tool and Supply.
                    This morning it looks like he has about 60 items related to Ridgid in his listings.

I never bought anything from this eBay seller. I just came across his store a few weeks ago and reported it here on the forum as a FYI to the group. At the time I think someone was looking for rails for a TS-2424.

http://stores.ebay.com/tennesseetoolandsupply

Comment

sauk_98: A visual inspection will tell you if you have the "old" arbor or the "new" one. The"old" one has a small groove between the ends of the threads and the smooth part of the shaft that the blade rides on. The "new" one is made so the threads go tight up to the shaft. Jim P.S. There are pics posted in one of the postings about 3650. (the one with a jillion answers)

Comment

Jim
                        Thanks,,looks i have the new one. Now I can start building my wife that end table she wants
                        sauk_98 (Bob)
                        Please check out my web page
                        www.woodandwax.net

Comment

Working...
                        X