Whats a GOOD Biscuit jointer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats a GOOD Biscuit jointer?

I use the PC 557 and my step-father uses the Lamello both of us think ours is best. I agree with Bob D about not gluing the biscuits they are a big nusiance when used in thin wood.

My next project is a Stickley style bedroom set. I would love to have one of those Dominos but the question I wrestle with is, "Where do I stop?" A couple months ago I bought a Union City mortising machine. It is a big step up from the mortising attachment for my DP because it frees up the DP but doesn't do any better job. I have a tennoning jig for my 3650 and that doesn't do any better job than cutting tennons on my router table and it is a nusiance to set up because the scale doesn't work for the 3650. I can still use the mortising machine and jig for through tennons but it seems like a waste to just have them sit there. I know me and in the final analysis I will probably end up buying a Domino. I will convince myself it will be faster, less time consuming when determining tennon length etc. But for now I wrestle.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom W; 04-29-2007, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I have a GMC, not the truck company, Global Machine Corperation I think. Its cheap, but does a great job. Ive had it for several years and still going strong. Its an option if you dont want to spend several hundred dollars.

Comment

Another vote for the dewalt. I have had mine for several years and I love it. But for twenty bucks more I would buy the PC 557. When I bought mine the PC was considerably more than the dewalt.

Comment

TOTALLY different tool - No comparison. Besides, why the **** would you buy 3 or four biscuit joiners?

Easy there Newman . I hope you're just joking. Nobody would buy several biscuit joiners. It was only meant to illustrate a cost comparison.

Comment

In my above post I wrote Union City when talking about my mortiser. It should read Steel City.

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X