X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating ceramic floor tile

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on installing the floating ceramic tile floor system. I am going to help a friend with some but have never worked with it. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Floating ceramic floor tile

Need to know which floating ceramic tile floor system you're talking about, before anyone can answer.

Is it the Schulter - Ditra system perhaps?

http://www.schluter.com/p/content/DitraHandbook07.pdf
    Last edited by bigscore; 04-29-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Found out it is "Mannington" brand floor tile. I got a chance to look at it...looks pretty simple. Locks together. I think it can just be cut on a table saw or circular saw? Thanks again for any tips on this product.

Comment

I did a hallway, three bdrm's and two walk-in clst's with it. It's a lot easyer then you think. Be sure floor is level. You will be doing a lot of trips to the TB saw. I used the BS a lot too. Also a good saw to have handy is a small. batt. circlar saw. To get under the door jams, get a Jap. saw. Turn one of the planks over and use it for a guide with the Jap. saw to cut off the bottom of the jams so the planks will fit under them. If you cannot get the Jap. saw, a good hand saw will work too. Be sure to cut the planks close enough to the wall so you new trim will cover it. The plastic block you will get to help hammer the planks together, make sure it's sitting good and flat or it will jump up and chip the plank. Look at the do-it-yourself sites on the web and you can find videos to watch on the PC to give you and idea on how to start.

Comment

Working...
        X