what blade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what blade

Ok guys I am up and running the saw, 3650 , I need a good blade to put on the machine most work is general stuff but I do make the odd project now and again
    any sujestions
    §m€llŸ™

Re: what blade

if you are just doing general stuff at the moment i would go back to home depot and grab the "2pack" of dewalt blades it has a 30 and 60 tooth blade i belive and i think the price is about $40-50 (u.s. of couse) but it is a real nice starter blade set.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

ya ok de a quick check at HD web set here was no combo pak listed.
      I saw some postes somewhere about some freud blades what about them and which ones in particular???
      §m€llŸ™

Comment

On the advice of some othere here I purchased the Freud LU84R011 combo blade and have been quite happy with it. I unfortunately was too lazy to take it out when trying to rip a bevel down a cuple of 2x6 for my neighbor to frame his roof and it threw some teeth. Mostly due to his inexperience with the saw, not holding the wood straight and going too fast I believe. I have already bought another and think it is a great combo blade.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

You are here > Home > Shop > Search Results for "saw blades" > DeWalt 10 In. Combo Pak (10 In. 40 Tooth and 10 In. 60 Tooth Blades) var onloadHandlers = [];window.onload = function(){for(var i=0;i

Internet/Catalog #100074304
          Store In-Stock SKU # 211179
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

ok oldslowchevy they dont have those catalog numbers and sku here in canada hd
            §m€llŸ™

Comment

ohhhhh aleast i tried for ya
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Hell must have frozen over today because I didn't think I'd see the day when I would say, the OEM blade that came with your saw will do just fine for general construction type work. When the end result cut quality doesn't really matter or come into play the OEM blade is what I usually use. It also puts my mind a little bit at ease knowing that I don't have to worry about trashing my more expensive blades on something hidden in the wood.

When you do get around to making some quality pieces a better quality blade will be a must. The Freud LU84 as others mentioned is one, Forrest WWII, Ridge Carbide(no relation to Ridgid), and CMT are a few more.

I don't mean to steal his thunder but here is a blade rating chart that was compiled by Hewood, who is a member of this forum who really knows his stuff when it comes to blades.

================================================== ====
                All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thanks BadgerDave & Hewood! That's a very useful chart. It's a keeper for me!

Comment

If I were in your shoes, I'd get a Leitz 24T TK ripper (or 2), and a Freud LU88R010. Great compliment to each other and a great match for your saw. Use the stock blade for construction grade stuff and questionable lumber, use the LU88 for most hardwood cuts, and use your ripper when doing bulk or thick rips.

The Leitz deal is smokin...$10 each plus ~ $7-$9 shipping, add a 2nd one and the shipping goes up very little. The blade is great, cheap, and his service is excellent. 10" z24 FLAT TOP fast rip thin kerf #011 $ $10 each (figure 1 for ~ $18 and 2 for ~ $26 shipped)
                    Leitz clearance

The Frued LU88R010 is a really nice blade for all around use in furniture grade cuts. I realize it's listed as a crosscut blade, which it'll do nicely, but it has a steep 15 degree hook angle that allows it to rip well to ~ 6/4" in most materials. It'll hang with the best of them in cut quality and versatility for about half the cost....~ $36 shipped after 20% instant rebate. Enter promotional code 2OOFFMAY at checkout to get an extra 20% discount LU88 from Amazon

http://www.epinions.com/LU88

Sorry Smelly...forgot you were in Canada, so scratch the Amazon deal but you might find one locally in the $50 range. Holbren has some great prices on the Tenryu and Ridge Carbide blades and I believe he'll ship up north...he's got the Tenryu RS25540 for $30 US...great value, nice blade. Lowes is now carrying the Delta 36-7657, which is the famed DeWalt DW7657 40 toofer with a Delta wrapper on it...$40 here, but is only available in full kerf. You might find the Ridgid Titanium R1050C at HD up there...shoud be a decent blade for the money....made by Freud to similar standards as their Diablo and Avanti lines. You can also add the Infinity ComboMax TK to my recommended list....top shelf blades that sometimes go on sale. I'd still get ahold of Mike Jackson for a Leitz ripper....limited supply type offer.
                    Last edited by hewood; 05-01-2007, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I've only tried three blades on my 3650: The original was great when sharp but only held an edge moderately well. The Rigid 60 tooth was a step up from the original blade - no complaints. The Freud 60 and 40 tooth models are great and have held up the best. I had the 60 tooth model (sorry, no # in my head) throw a tooth and I e-mailed them to warn that that model had an issue. They wrote back quickly and had me send it back for a replacement. Darn good service and polite. I know that's not much help but every little bit helps - especially the chart above.
                      Later,
                      Chiz
                      https://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...lies/frown.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...es/redface.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...s/rolleyes.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...lies/smile.png

Comment

well thank you guys for all yer posts, to my question .
                        It has given me a few good pointers
                        will have to do some web surfing to check things out
                        §m€llŸ™

Comment

Great thread! Awesome help from all of you.

Hewood, nice work on the chart and thank you so much for the heads up on the Amazon sale. I just got a great blade for a great price! Can't beat that...

Regards,

Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X