Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from a new member

Hi, everyone -

I'm not sure which category this should go in, but I figured I will be visiting this one most often so why not here?

Just wanted to say hello, as I'm a new member and this is my first post. I'm a long-time lurker, and I just bought a Ridgid 3650 table saw tonight in no small part because of what I read on these forums, so I figured I better register. I hail from Minnesota, so I figured the name "Northern Wood" is appropriate.

I also want to thank everyone for all of their advice and help with 3650 questions. I already printed the stuff from the assembly help and questions thread and plan on putting that all to good use tomorrow.

I look forward to contributing when I can!

Mike

Re: Hi from a new member

Hi Northern Wood!! Welcome to the forums. Congrats on the new saw. I hope it goes together well. Make sure to download the .pdf version of the manual. It's different and more consice than the one that still seems to be shipping w/the saws. The link is in the thread... or you can get it here.

Good luck, and enjoy!!!
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

well I lurk here lots, so welcome to the site, and congrats on yer saw, got mine 3 weeks ago, finnished it the day before yesterday

heheheh was quite busy with real life issues,
      §m€llŸ™

Comment

Hi there Northern Wood

Hope you have fun with that new saw
        Cheers! - Jim
        -------------
        All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Hey Northern, good to have you on the board. Glad the forum is a good resource for you and your new purchase.

Later,

Josh

Comment

Welcome aboard. Good bunch here with no big egos so enjoy this great forum.

Later,
            Chiz
            Later,
            Chiz
            https://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...lies/frown.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...es/redface.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...s/rolleyes.pnghttps://www.ridgidforum.com/core/ima...lies/smile.png

Comment

Originally posted by ironhat View Post
              Welcome aboard. Good bunch here with no big egos so enjoy this great forum.
              Not true. I actually have a huge ego.

Welcome to the forums, new guy!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Northern Wood. Glad to see another "Northwoods guy" join the group. Lots of good advice and help here and sometimes even a little humor.
                Jim

Comment

Welcome Norther Wood glad your here, I am also from MN, north of Duluth. Been on this forum for the past 4 or 5 months now and can vouch that these people here are great. Glad spring finally came around here and some grass is growing, and my golf clubs are sparkling, now its time to get them dirty, see you in the forum...Garager...
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Hey Northern Wood, welcome to the forum from the south west, New Mexico. Hope you enjoy the saw, I sure do. Post some pics of projects from time to time.
                    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Welcome to you from another relatively new member. Like you I based my ts 3650 purchase largely on what I read here. It has been every bit the saw everyone swears by.

This is a great group who almost all go out of their way to be helpful. again welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forum............and congrats on the new saw.
                        I'm sure you will be pleased with it.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!!!!You will have a ton of fun and learn alot!!!
                          You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

WOW! Thanks for the awesome welcome. You guys are great!

This site helped me decide to purchase the saw, and it has been a god send ini trying to assemble it. All the tips in these threads make the job easier.

It's over half done, and I will throw a pic up when it is done. You all know what a 3650 looks like, but THIS one is mine!

The assembly isn't too bad except for the Herc-u-lift, and that's where the instructions get weird. "Use the screws..." Uhh... which ones? I got it figured out but as some indicated, that is where the instructions (even the updated ones I got from this site) leave a little to be desired.

Hopefully by tonight I will be making sawdust. Thanks again for all the help and the very warm welcome!

Regards,

Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X