My power cord was pluged into the only power in my garage an over head outlet (for garage door opener). I ripped a piece of ply for a project I was working on in the backyard, turned the saw off, closed the garage door and went in the backyard. Moments later my wife said she lost power to the computer she was working on. Coming out of the back I stopped at the main power panel. Breaker for ajoining bedroom aka office was tripped. I immediately went to garage door. Upon opening a large plum of smoke escaped. I discharged a fire extinguisher and assessed what happened. Unbeknownst to me the power cord contacted the belt. At that time my garage was a store all with a lawnmower, trimmer and a gallon or so of gas for each. My belt, belt guard and power cord were smoldering on the garage floor. This happened abou two years ago sence then I had installed a heat detector in my garage and attic along with a house burgler alarm. The ironic thing is for the past 14 years I've been employed as a fire sprinkler installer.
Login or Sign Up
- Log in with Facebook