dado/molding insert for TS 3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dado/molding insert for TS 3650

Does Home Depot carry the dado insert for the ridgid table saw in the store? If not, where can you get one? Thanks, Kenny

Depends on the individual store. 3 in this area carry them and 2 don't.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

just trace it and cut it out.make about 5 and you will be set for a long time.

Comment

Try Sears

Comment

go to page 5, 3-19-05 half way down the page look for (pconrey). he has the instuctions you want

Comment

Just bought the TS 3650 and had same concerns called Ridgid tech support. They have one, model AC 1040 8" dado/molder cutter insert. order through their parts co linked from there website.

Comment

I ordered my AC1040 through the same Home Depot I purchased my TS3650 from. They told me it wouldn't be in until the 27th of this month. Arrived home today to a phone message from Home Depot saying that it was in and waiting for me. Not bad, considering I only ordered it on the 13th of this month.

Chuck

Comment

OK, I'm old school here I have a TS 2424-1. I tried making home throat plates from .5" mdf only to find out that it requires quite a bit of rabbeting to make this work. What material are y'all (yes I'm from the South) using to make homemade inserts. I thought about using .25" hardboard but that seems a little flimsy for an insert
                Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Maybe this is good, maybe not but I used 1/2 hardwood plywood for my homemade dado insert. I just traced and cut out with a jig saw. Then I drilled a hole for the screw. The only thing I neglected to do was cut the addtional tab on the end opposite the screw.

When it was cut out and installed, I SLOWLY raised the dado blade in its widest position with the saw turned on. This cut out exactly what I needed.

This made sense to me but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else takes issue with my system. I'm learning too....

Skip
                  Stay well and play well.
                  Skip

Comment

Hopefully you had the fence or a 2x4 clamped down over the insert while you brought the blade up slowly. The manual gives instructions on this so I suspect that you did and just didn't mention it in your post.

Fashioning some sort or retainer on the back is a good idea to prevent the insert from jumping up out of the table.
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Thought I would share how I make mine. Trace out the insert on the board and cut it out proud of the line on my bandsaw. I then attach the stock insert to the new blank. Use my router with a flush cutting bit I follow the stock one with the bearing and get an exact fit everytime. I do have to do a little clean up at the band saw for the tongue.
                      SSG, U.S. Army
                      Retired
                      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Yes Bob, that is an important step. Only after I began to raise the blade the first time did I realize that the new insert needed to be clamped down. I had a 1x4 piece of stock clamped over it. Otherwise it jumps around like crazy and makes a horrible sound - not to mention safety hazzard!

Skip
                        Stay well and play well.
                        Skip

Comment

Working...
                        X