X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP0610 Jointer Knives

Since HD doesn't carry replacement knives for the Ridgid JP0610 are there any suitable replacements by delta, craftsman, etc? Or is there something special about the relief and angle on the edge... as matching L x W x H would be easy enough.

Thanks eh

J

Re: JP0610 Jointer Knives

Originally posted by Rootsy View Post
    Since HD doesn't carry replacement knives for the Ridgid JP0610 are there any suitable replacements by delta, craftsman, etc? Or is there something special about the relief and angle on the edge... as matching L x W x H would be easy enough.

Thanks eh

J
    I believe the Frued C400 works, maybe Delta X blades too. Eh.

Frank

Comment

Thanks kindly, I ordered a couple of sets from Amazon... And HD picked up the cost since the jointer i purchased was a floor model... the blades had been banging around loose in a box for a year or so and were beat up when i got it. They were going to have a new set drop shipped to me but apparently they cannot "order" jointer knives from Ridgid or at least that is what the store manager told me last night...

anywho... no biggie... making a fixture today to put the existing ones on the surface grinder until the replacements arrive.

Jamie

Comment

Every HD I have ever been to has sold replacement knives for the Ridgid jointer and I have had no problems finding them. When bough new the Ridgid jointer comes with 2 sets of blades, one already installed and another set in a kind of plastic tube on the back on the jointer. Not sure if perhaps your floor model didn't have one of those sets? At the very least your HD should be able to order the knives as they do sell them. Otherwise I am sure others on here can off other suggestions for alternate sources.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

A second set? I did not know that. Is that a recent practice? I'll have to check my jointer to see if I got a set or not.

Frank

Originally posted by wwsmith View Post
          Every HD I have ever been to has sold replacement knives for the Ridgid jointer and I have had no problems finding them. When bough new the Ridgid jointer comes with 2 sets of blades, one already installed and another set in a kind of plastic tube on the back on the jointer. Not sure if perhaps your floor model didn't have one of those sets? At the very least your HD should be able to order the knives as they do sell them. Otherwise I am sure others on here can off other suggestions for alternate sources.

Comment

My apologies all. I am an idiot. I read the original post wrong and thought we were talking about the planer even though I wrote jointer. I now realize it is the jointer. Please ignore my above post, clearly the baby is keeping me up too much!! I do not believe I have seen replacement jointer knives in HD, but have never really looked closely. I believe this question has come up a few times before and a quick search should return some results.
            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Go figure, all my local HD's carry the jointer knives but none actually sell the jointer. I'm not sure what the point is as no one can buy the jointer and I doubt anyone is paying almost the cost of the machine in shipping to mail order it. HD has some really bizarre business practices.
              Last edited by Velosapien; 05-09-2007, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Can't get the knives at any HD here either. The Freud knives seem to be the most popular replacement.
                "Semper Fi"
                "A man who farts in church sits in own pew"

Comment

The Frued knives are what i have coming, 2 sets. As far as jointer knives go, what are the best replacements (short of carbide)? All of the HD's in my area (within a 50 mile radius) carry the 1300 Planer knives but NO ONE carries the jointer knives... I can't even find them at Homedepot.com... but at under 17 dollars a set i won't complain about the Frued knives unless they won't hold an edge. I looked at Delta knives at Lowes but at 75 dollars a set i had a bit of sticker shock...

thanks for the help

Jamie

Comment

Byrd Shelix

Comment

Working...
                    X