X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzlys riser upper guild post dia.

Hello everyone , glad to meet you all . trying to find a less expensive riser for my 1wk. old bs1400 . i emailed griz. the upper guild post is 3/4in. The 1400 is 15/16in. Also my local HD quoted on paper 38.00 for the riser block kit #AC5005 and 18.00 for the miter gauge #AC1021. I'm bigger than he is so he better be right . ill let you all know .

Re: Grizzlys riser upper guild post dia.

Welcome to the forum...
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I had the same problem with the riser block also. The bar is too small. I talked to the machine shop guy and he said he has steel bars ready to cut to length that has a key groove already running down it. You might want to ask your local steel/machine shop. He said it's a "key" groove. I had replaced mine with a solid steel bar, but without the groove, it's a hassle re-adjusting the cutting hieght and keeping it centered between the guide blocks. If you can get one that fits from HD (good luck) at that price then mark it on your calender because you may not get that lucky again for awhile.

Comment

WELLLL , went to H.D picked up my order . for some reason he ordered the ac5001 rip fence (not the ac5005), and the ac1021 miter gauge . But for 38.00 I didn't complain. please can you all tell me if the jet or delta riser will work on the BS14002 mod ,i think amazon is more reliable at 70.00 . i would like to have it before i put this together Thanks yal .

Comment

Hello,

Just got off the phone with Grizzly about the guide post size. They have two different kits but I only found the H7316 in the catolog. The H7316 has a 3/4" guide post and the H3051 has a 7/8" guide post. The H3051 should fit my BS1400. I will let you know once I recieve the post. All the other parts fit.
          Last edited by jmayko; 06-20-2007, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Received the guide bar today after getting a box of peanuts on Friday. There was a small hole in the side of the box the size of the bar diameter. Called Grizzly and they sent me another one. This bar is 7/8” in diameter and has a part number of PH3051003 GUIDE POST. It fits. It comes with the riser block kit H3051 for the G0555 14” Grizzly Band saw. Note, I transposed the kit part number in my earlier post.
            I would like to say that the customer services at Grizzly were excellent. They handled my calls with the utmost courtesy and answered all the questions I had. Here is a link to page 85 of the Grizzly on-line catalog.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2007/Main/85

Comment

Working...
            X