Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD's Pro CD

Had a chance to try out HD's Pro CD.
    What a great tool.
    Brings up your local HD's price list, has spread sheets, Est. sheets, and can order right from your computer.
    Ordered another load of lumber for my Wife's wookroom for delivery, and was suprised to find not one bad board.
    Can also order for pick-up at your local HD's Pro Desk.
    Ridgid tools are also listed on the CD.
    Rob Johnson
    Orange,Ca.
    Just tilt your head a little and it will look straight!

I've had one of those CDs for about a year now. It is a good tool , but there is quite a bit at the store that is not listed on the CD. In all, it helped me figure in approx costs for a job I was doing. I was able to show my wife what we were saving by having me do it. I was then able to justify a few new tools.

Comment

"...new tools?...where", I don't care if it's a Barney tape, if I can get a tool or two out of it, then I'll just be whistling "I love you, you love me..." while I'm throwing dust all around...
      Patrick<br />patrickssmith@cox.net<br />members.cox.net/patrickssmith

Comment

What CD are you guy talking about. How can some one get one or is it just for contractors.
        Scott

Comment

They have them in a box on the counter at the Pro desk in my local HD. They are in individual little flexible plastic cases with a black label, IIRC, which says something about being the HD Pro CD. You should be able to just pick one up.

Comment

There isn't much I haven't found on it yet, but I've only had it a week . Took awhile to give up looking for pressure treated lumber and just use the search function.
            The best part is not having to put up with the endless crowds at the store. Just go to the Pro desk and pick up your order. At my local store, if your not there and gone by 7AM, your in with the "Flower Buying" people who will stand in the middle of the isle and not buge an inch so you can get by with your 1000 lb. lumber cart!
            Like it's been said, you just pick it up at the Pro desk. It's free and real handy. Don't have to be a contractor to get one!
            Rob Johnson
            Orange,CA.

[ 07-10-2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Backyard Woodworker ]

Comment

your in with the "Flower Buying" people who will stand in the middle of the isle and not buge an inch so you can get by with your 1000 lb. lumber cart!
              Don't you mean the employees??

Comment

Yes.... Yes.... I forgot them! There quilty also. I've stood and waited for them to finish a conversation about nothing before letting me by. All the time, glanceing my way to see if I was steaming yet. This while the PA system as spouting that the Contractors door was closing in five minutes. If I missed that, it means a trip completely around the parking lot to load my supplies and finding someone to un-lock the gate so I can get my truck.
                This is why I like this CD!!!
                Rob Johnson
                Orange,CA.

Comment

I was at 2 differnt Home Depot's today looking for wood and found the CD at the 2nd one I stopped at.

The disc is in a light brown plasitc wrapper and in bif bold letters it say's "The Worksite CD" and on the top left hand corner it says "The Home Depot PRO."

I havn't opened it yet but I think it's a great marketing idea assuming it does everything it says it will do (Estimate jobs, create invoices and order online - get more done before the project even starts.).

- Dae

Comment

Working...
                  X