X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah!!!!!!!

Finally got to make saw dust with my 3650 today! Long story short I bought it last year got it 3/4 put together then had to put it in storage. Bought a place this winter that has a nice size shop 30x40 so been getting it ready for a shop. This morning had a volenteer help me move my equipment so spent the last couple hours finishing up my 3650. Just fired her up and all I can say is SWEET!!!!!!! thanks to all you guys and gals for your assembly info. I had no problems. Well back to the shop to make some more sawdust.

Re: yeah!!!!!!!

As a new owner myself, I can honestly say I share your joy!

Pretty sweet machine, eh? And I also send out kudos to all on this site who made my decision to buy, and my ability to assemble, MUCH easier.

Happy cutting!

Comment

thanks Northern and yes it is pretty sweet. havnt even put a "good" blade on it yet and it already is 200% better than what I had been using.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyreb View Post
        <snip> Bought a place this winter that has a nice size shop 30x40 so been getting it ready for a shop. <snip>
        Of course you already know that 80% of us are envious enough to require hating you - LOL!! Wow, what a shop. THe only downside I could see to having one that size would be the necessary upgrade from my HF DC to one with more guts. Ooo, that would be too bad !

Congrats and enjoy,
        Chiz
        Later,
        Chiz

Comment

i hope he doesn't need to heat or cool that space often
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
            i hope he doesn't need to heat or cool that space often
            plan on putting in an outdoor wood furnace to heat it in the winter O.S.C,
            summer time will have to suffer thru it with fans But hey I'm sure not complainin one bit. I;m hardly ever in the house on my days off lol. I would rather be making saw dust And since I got the 3650 up and running I'm that much more eager to make sawdust I xant thank you guys for all the help just by reading these forums has helped alot so thank you all very much.

Comment

Originally posted by ironhat View Post
              Of course you already know that 80% of us are envious enough to require hating you - LOL!! Wow, what a shop. THe only downside I could see to having one that size would be the necessary upgrade from my HF DC to one with more guts. Ooo, that would be too bad !

Congrats and enjoy,
              Chiz
              thank you Iron hat. It sure is nice to have my own place to make saw dust It still needs alot of work before I can really call it a shop but hey I got the rest of my days to get it the way I want it. Now to only come up with the money to get it that way LOL

Comment

If you can do so install a good size exhaust fan in one end and up high. Then leave an overhead door propped up on a cinder block or such. This is for summer when it's hot in there. Or you can get fancy and install motorized shutters up high in the other end and rig them with a safety switch so they have to be open before you can start up the fan.

Comment

my 30 x 40 shop keeps shrinking as i keep adding to the equipment list...

wood heat is nice, i have the shop insulated and a wood burner... just have to allow yourself a few hours of pre-heat before you decide to work in anything less than long johns and jacket in the winter...

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                    If you can do so install a good size exhaust fan in one end and up high. Then leave an overhead door propped up on a cinder block or such. This is for summer when it's hot in there. Or you can get fancy and install motorized shutters up high in the other end and rig them with a safety switch so they have to be open before you can start up the fan.
                    thanks for the advice I am planning to put in a exhaust fan. Right now I just open up the doors . I get a nice cross breeze blowing thru that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsy View Post
                      my 30 x 40 shop keeps shrinking as i keep adding to the equipment list...

wood heat is nice, i have the shop insulated and a wood burner... just have to allow yourself a few hours of pre-heat before you decide to work in anything less than long johns and jacket in the winter...
                      yeah I know the feeling about the shrinking shop and I havnt really got started yet lol. I know all about the wood heat thing, I used to heat my house with it. Then I got lazy and just turned on the switch lol.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyreb View Post
                        yeah I know the feeling about the shrinking shop and I havnt really got started yet lol. I know all about the wood heat thing, I used to heat my house with it. Then I got lazy and just turned on the switch lol.
                        15 face cord went through the house wood burner this winter... have to shut her down when the temperatures get into the mid 40's as you have to open all of the windows then or roast like a duck... then it's flip the switch time...

Comment

Working...
                        X