Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your welcome, I found out the hard way after removing the lower knuckle on the 3rd finger with a weird kickback and a dado blade . Got it fixed but its a bit shorter and doesnt bend. All in all very lucky. I am always careful with that saw and had used it for years before the accident. If I had this guard on it my finger would have hit the guard and not the blade. You will find it is a PITA to change the blade now but so much safer.

Comment

Thanks WBrooks,
      We have 2 of these saws in the family
      JJC

Comment

I was born with tools in my crib. Started using power tools early on. I was a journeyman trim carpenter for 8 years. Blade guards on RAS and TS are dangerous. Take them off and throw them away.
        IMHO. Yes I have all my fingers!

Good luck to all
        Jim [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabee:
          Blade guards on RAS and TS are dangerous. Take them off and throw them away. IMHO.

Jim [img]smile.gif[/img]
          That is one of the most irresponsible statements I have ever seen on any woodworking forum. If it works for you fine, but there are a lot of new woodworkers that read these forums looking for advice. Read any book on table saws and you will see that that is terrible advice!

USE YOUR GUARDS!
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
          X