X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Kill Switch

Has anyone tried to make and install a kill switch for the TS3650. The ones that I have seen people use appear to be boards that hang over the switch so that when the saw is in the "on" position, they can simply bump it with there knee or foot to turn the saw off. This seems like a great idea if you're cutting something big like plywood and you need to hold on to it. Thanks

Re: TS3650 Kill Switch

I'm sure that most any electrical supply house can get you one but here is one source. Paddle Switch
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

That's pretty cool, BD. Looks just like the switches on Sears' saws. Any idea as to the manufacturer? I don't shop on Ebay but would like to add this item to my TS. Thanks.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

yep! me too, I added a similar switch

I have an older delta contractor's saw. The switch is a tiny switch on the lower right of the saw. Being left handed and if an incident should occur I'd never safely reach the switch.

I purchased a switch similar to what was shown on E-bay and installed it on the upper left side just under the rails. Now I can safely bump the saw off!

My Jet contractor's saw has the switch placed well.

I'm surprised the safety monitors don't make this a mandatory design on all table saws!

Cactus Man
        Last edited by cactusman; 05-16-2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I do like the Ridgid switch better than many others, though. I installed it on the left side, so I never have to reach in front of the blade to shut it off. I also practiced shutting it off with my hip and it was easier than I thought, FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Wood View Post
            I do like the Ridgid switch better than many others, though. I installed it on the left side, so I never have to reach in front of the blade to shut it off. I also practiced shutting it off with my hip and it was easier than I thought, FWIW.
            Yep! Easy Cheap and Effective. Just slide it around to different positions on the rail until you find the 'sweet spot' that works best for you. I **always** use my hip to turn it off.
            Later,
            Chiz

Comment

Hey I just thought I would let you know I ordered from the guy on Ebay. The shipping was fast and the switch is awesome. As he stated in the auction the only thing is the female plug is funky. Just replug it or direct wire it like I did and you are good to go. It looks like he has more in his store as well.
              http://search.stores.ebay.com/EZ-Auc...641942QQsofpZ0
              Last edited by woodweasel; 05-19-2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Just change the female connector and you're set or if you like direct wire it. As of May 19 there are several of them left.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll go ahead and order one this week.

Comment

Go at busybeetools
                    http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/product10?&NTDESC=switch
                    Model: B2561
                    The switch is on sale at 11.99$ reg. 14.99$
                    SWITCH - PUSH BOTTOM LARGE STOP 2HP

Comment

Originally posted by ironhat View Post
                      Yep! Easy Cheap and Effective. Just slide it around to different positions on the rail until you find the 'sweet spot' that works best for you. I **always** use my hip to turn it off.
                      I was planning to build a paddle type of accessory to switch the saw off with my knee but found that it's very easy to hit the switch with my hip as well. Like mentioned about it's just a matter of positioning it in the 'sweet spot'.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogatoo View Post
                        Go at busybeetools
                        http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/product10?&NTDESC=switch
                        Model: B2561
                        The switch is on sale at 11.99$ reg. 14.99$
                        SWITCH - PUSH BOTTOM LARGE STOP 2HP

Seems like a decent deal. The one from the Ebay guy comes with a few extras that busybee's doesn't including 10' of cord, switch box and mounting bracket. The switch itself looks similar.

Comment

Working...
                        X