Hurc-U-lift system problem on TS3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurc-U-lift system problem on TS3650

I'm having a problem assembling the hurc-u-lift system on the TS3650. The bolt holes in the leg brackets do not align with the holes in the upper and lower sections of the hurc-u-lift system. Specifically, the distance between the bolt holes in the leg brackets (OD of one hole to OD of the other) is 20 inches. The distance between the bolt holes in the lower hurc-u-lift section (OD to OD) is 20 1/2 inches and the distance between holes in the upper section is 20 1/4.

The pics show both upper and lower sections. Then the bars of the upper section in position but with the holes misaligned and then a close up of the how much then are misaligned.

So what have a done wrong?? BTW the bolt holes in the hurc-u-lift system are of different diam top ve bottom, the top hole is the smaller diam hole.
    Attached Files

Re: Hurc-U-lift system problem on TS3650

OK, I figured it out, well I read a past thread that basically gave me the answer. I loosened all the nuts on all the bolts in the upper and lower sections. Then attached the ends of the tubes to the leg mounts as described in the manual. Then I tightened all the nuts on the upper and lower sections. It all fits well now. The manual that comes with the TS3650 is dreadful really. Even the downloaded version is not much better.

Now I need to adjust the blade, its about 4-5 thou out of parallel with the miter slot.

Comment

Originally posted by DWfromUK View Post
      OK, I figured it out, well I read a past thread that basically gave me the answer. I loosened all the nuts on all the bolts in the upper and lower sections. Then attached the ends of the tubes to the leg mounts as described in the manual. Then I tightened all the nuts on the upper and lower sections. It all fits well now. The manual that comes with the TS3650 is dreadful really. Even the downloaded version is not much better.

Now I need to adjust the blade, its about 4-5 thou out of parallel with the miter slot.
      I had the exact same problem assembling mine, and had to do the same fix.

And yes, I love my Ridgid saw but whoever wrote the Herc-u-Lift assembly directions should be shot. They are awful. "Use a screw..." Uhh... a size would be nice.

Great saw in spite of the Herc directions. I'm glad to here you got it to work!

Comment

Um guys, my manual states do not tighten bolts, leave bolts lose till you have everything attached to the legs. I don't think your manual is any different than mine. But I'm glad for you that you got things together, DWfromUK. Have fun cutting up some wood. Welcome to the Ridgid forum.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
          Um guys, my manual states do not tighten bolts, leave bolts lose till you have everything attached to the legs. I don't think your manual is any different than mine. But I'm glad for you that you got things together, DWfromUK. Have fun cutting up some wood. Welcome to the Ridgid forum.
          Mine says that too... I should have clarified.

I had to remove the bolts to get them hooked up to the corners of the base, then put the bolts back in and then tighten. I did leave the nuts loose but that wasn't enough.

Again, great saw and I love the Herc unit, but the directions on that were very poor. Oh, well. I still got it to work!

Comment

Northern wood:

Congrats on the new saw. One tip:

After having mine for about 1 1/2 years, I decided to do some routine maint, etc, today including checking blade to miter slot alignment, etc. I found my blade was out a little over 1/64th. To get it trued up and aligned where it was still true at the 45 degree bevel, I found that I had to take the pulley off the motor and also back it slightly off the 90 degree stop. Both were putting stress on the trunnion that would not allow me to get it centered and square. Once I got rid of these pressure factors, I was able to easily get it to within about .002" (checked with a dial indicator) while still keeping the micro-adjust lever somewhat centered. You may see some other posts on trunnion alignment problems if you search past posts. Realize that if you do this, you may also have to realign the splitter.

As for the cause of the misalignment, it was probably because it received some major side-stress abuse resawing wet pressure-treated lumber shortly after I bought it. Either that, or I did not have it right to begin with, as I did not have the dial indicator at that time. Regardless, the point is to get rid of all the stress on the trunnion when aligning it. This will also help get that "1/8th" minimum clearance" on the left side of the stock insert if you continue to use it.

Just passing on some "lessons learned'. I truly hope you enjoy using yours as much as I do mine. It is a fantastic saw for the money, and can produce some really excellent work.

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
            X