X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eccentric eccentric

So, it's 3:30 am and I'm trying to square the blade parallel to the miter slot on my 3650. Why? because, when I put the zero clearance plate in, I discovered it was now off. While shaving a piece of wood the back of the blade was kissing it. I followed the manual and loosened the front and rear trunnions, and snugged the center bolt on the front trunnion. I then moved the eccentric lever at he rear of the saw until the square touched the blade front and rear equally (just barely). Question: why is this lever all the way over to it's max adjustment to bring the blade in line? Is that normal or is there something I am missing? The blade is now lined up perfectly, and this is the second new blade on to make sure it wasn't a warped one. It's just that the lever is all the way to the left as you're looking at it from the rear of the saw. Thanks to all in advance.

Re: eccentric eccentric

If you loosen the hex nut, the one that holds the lever in place, far enough you can move the lever to whatever position you'd like then just re-tighten the nut. As long as the nut is loose enough you won't affect the blade position at all.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Re: eccentric eccentric

Too simple for me to figure out I guess.
      Thanks a lot Badger Dave.

Comment

Working...
      X