X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS1400/1402 with jet riser block

Can anyone tell me if the jet riser block kit will fit the BS1400/1402 . I'm more concern with the upper guide post being 15/16th than anything . I have plenty of drills and taps and shims , orange paint for everything else , and a big hammer . amazon.com has it for $54.00 + ship. H.D well what can i say Josh you should become a distributor for ridgid . Thank youall for your replies

Re: BS1400/1402 with jet riser block

I ordered and installed the jet riser block Everything works except the pins were 1/16th off to the side , had no problem fixing that . a little silver paint ,and I'm good to go for 54.00 w/o s/h , and waiting mo. for HD . my wheels are sooo out of balance though , I'm using clips & weights that you balance celling fans with and see if ridgid will replace them . any way I'm ordering new tires and blade . Thanks to all for the welcome

Comment

I've been having the same problem with my new BS1400, the upper wheel that came on the saw was really badly out of balance. After calling Ridgid three times I was finally able to get them to ship me a new wheel, but that one was even worse than the original one on the saw. I called back again, and am waiting for them to send another wheel. Maybe third times the charm.

If you have been waiting a while for the wheel, I would suggest calling them back and making sure they have actually put in the order, but most importantly that they just orderd you the wheel, and not the the tire to go with it. The tire is on back order for a month and if the ordered you a tire to go with the wheel, they won't ship it until the tire comes in to. This is what happened to me the first time. Good luck.

Comment

Buy a urethane tire. You'll need them soon enough anyway.
        I bought these for mine and am happy with them.
        http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=5838&sid=AFB81
        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Ditto Rafael's comment. The urethanes are the bomb. As far as balance goes, I went with drilling the heavy side. I'm not sure what the factory was doing for a balancing machine but their drill marks were way off where I put mine. I retrospect, I wish taht I had used a combination of drilling and fan wieghts but that's water over the bridge. I also ordered some blades from Joe Iturra who was just great to deal with and assisted with chosing what I needed based on my saw and the work I tend to do. Very good guy. I'll try to remember to pst about the blades but there are plenty of happy customers on the boards.

Later,
          Chiz
          Later,
          Chiz

Comment

ironhat did you live with the wheel prob.after balancing them or replaced them .ridgid wants me to take it to an authorized service dealer to determine that they are out of bal. Thanks

Comment

The ridgid manual tells you how to test the balance of the wheel. Test them, then tell them you tested them and that they are out of balance(if they indeed test so).
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I managed to get them pretty well balanced, kenwho. It isn't perfect but I no longer have any perceivable vibration. With the blade off spin the wheel a couple of times and note the point that ends up at the 6 o'clock position each time. It will be the same spot 4 out of 5 times and that, of course is the heavy point. That's where I removed metal by drilling holes. I started with 3/16" but had to drill a couple out to 3/8". I don't recall off the top of my head how many I drilled but some were on the web near the rim and some on the web of the spoke. I know that that makes some people nervous due to the amount of tension on the wheels. That's why I would have drilled some and counterweighted some of the difference. Add a link belt and you're in business.
                Later,
                Chiz
                Later,
                Chiz

Comment

You might want to buy some counterweights at an autosupply store, if you make a mistake drilling holes you cannot undrill the holes. The counterweights can be removed or moved.
                  In general, you shouldn't have to drill more than a few holes.
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Ya know, in retrospect, seeing how much I had do remove to get a balanced wheel I should have just returned it for another one. Of course, you can't tell how mcuh you'll have to remove so adding weight would be the better way to go. As you can see, I'm re-thinking my whole approach and experience - AKA: I was wrong ( I really need to post a photo for you to see how bad it was - kinda busy lately, though).

Chiz
                    Later,
                    Chiz

Comment

It's not hard to balance a wheel and it doesn't take long to do. It doesn't need to be perfect either.
                      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
                      X