MSUV Assembly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSUV Assembly

I know there's not much to the assembly of this thing and I've checked some of the past threads that dealt with the MSUV but I haven't found what I'm looking for. I set up this thing last night and haven't had much of a chance to mess with it. When it is in the set up position I can push on the table and it moves down 2-3". Is this normal? Will this change once I have the saw mounted on it? I've looked underneath the table to see if there should be a place that the sliding rails should be catching but I didn't see anything.

Re: MSUV Assembly

As you're setting it up there are basically three steps:
    1) Drop the free swinging legs into position
    2) Pull the handle bar on the other side and lift up
    3) Once all the way at the top, release the handle and push down. It should click very definitely into position.

Once locked in place, I don't recall mine moving much, if at all up and down.

Comment

The weight of the saw will prevent it from rising as much but you still must use the outrigger legs to steady it from moving.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have to kind of slam mine into place to get it to lock in the up position. Maybe slam isn't the right word, but a forceable upward motion.
        When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

I also need to pull mine up in an upwards direction fully then back down. Any more I just lift the table all the way up and then reach under and pull the table supports all the way out towards me (if I am standing at the end of the MSUV) then let go of the table top. Falls right into position then and does not move.
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Rnt80,mine is the same as yours.It won't lock itself out either when I pull up on it.It to will bob up and down if I push down on it.Poor engineering in design if you ask me.If you look underneath the table,you will see that the release handle is longer on one side than it is on the other.This is acting as a locking pin preventing the stand from collapsing.It should be resting on top of a small metal bracket that is welded to the top of the frame on only one side.Your pin is locking underneath this bracket instead of above it.Just pull back on the handle and push down until the locking pin is above the bracket then release the handle again.This should lock it out for you.You shouldn't have to screw with it like that in my opinion to get it to work properly.Always make sure that the MS-UV is locked out properly by looking underneath the stand and verifying the pin/bracket position.It will still move a little bit but at least not 2-3 inches.Hope this helps you out some.

Comment

Should have asked you which model of MS-UV you were referring to seeing as there are two versions of this stand.I was referring to the older model AC9940 in my above post in case you were wondering.The AC9944 hasn't showed up here in my neck of the woods yet unfortunately to be able to compare the two.

Comment

Working...
              X