X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 -- Any one use a stabilizer???

Does any one use and/or recommend using a stabilizer for their 3650 blade? I just installed a Freud LU88 and was wondering if I should purchase and install a stabilizer or not.

Thanks!

Mike

Re: 3650 -- Any one use a stabilizer???

I got a stabilizer with my WWII blade from Forrest. That's the only thin-kerf blade I have. They say the stabilizer HAS to be used with the blade at all times.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Hi Mike - I've used stabilizers and have never noticed a difference with or without. Alot of people report similar results. I say save your money unless your not getting satisfactory cuts...it seems to benefit the seller more than the user!

Comment

Agreed. I got a free set of stabilizers with a Freud blade I bought off of Amazon on a sale. Great price on the blade and thought the stabilizers were just a bonus. I used them a couple of times and didn't find the extra effort worth it. It offsets your blade to require adjustments in your fence reading and limits the depth of your cut. Although the latter wasn't much of an issue for me, the first was and after I stopped using it I just didn't see any difference.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Everything I have read about the new blades technology is that there is no need for stabilizers.

All my blades are Freud and I have never used stabilizers. then again I rip and crosscut 3/4 to 1 1/4in material.

Comment

Everything I have read about the new blades technology is that there is no need for stabilizers.

All my blades are Freud and I have never used stabilizers. then again I rip and crosscut 3/4 to 1 1/4in material.

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys! That's what I suspected but I wanted to hear it from the users. I really appreciate the feedback.

Also, I picked up the Freud LU88 based on recommendations from this site (especially Hewood). So far I am really impressed. And it was only $34 delivered from Amazon.

Thanks again,

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X