Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And you put the 3650 wrenches where?!?

I use two wrenches. One on the arbor and one on the nut. Seems to work fine for me.
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I use a pencil to wege against a throat of one of the teeth. That provides enough stopping force to loosen the nut.

Lately though, I've been using the Blade Lock from Bench Dog Tools.
      http://www.benchdog.com/bladeloc.htm
      It's ok, but there can be some blade slippage. The pencil just seems to work best!
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I use the two stamped wrenches that come with the saw. I leave them on the fence holders when not in use. I find the stamped wrenches work just find since you do not and should not have to crank 'em too tight. They are thinner than other wrenchs which I find making them easier to use. The wrench I use for the end nut, I bent a little in a vice making it even easier to use.
        Start off slow then taper off.

Comment

OK I give up. If I want to change blades, one of the flat stamped wrenches goes on the nut that holds the washer that holds the blade on the arbor shaft. Where does the other one go? (Don't tell me where the sun never shines). I can't find a flat spot on the arbor shaft or inboard washer and that doesn't leave much. What am I overlooking?
          Blind Bill

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
            I use a pencil to wege against a throat of one of the teeth. That provides enough stopping force to loosen the nut.

Lately though, I've been using the Blade Lock from Bench Dog Tools.
            http://www.benchdog.com/bladeloc.htm
            It's ok, but there can be some blade slippage. The pencil just seems to work best!
            I use the pencil trick too, works just fine for me.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by blind bill View Post
              OK I give up. If I want to change blades, one of the flat stamped wrenches goes on the nut that holds the washer that holds the blade on the arbor shaft. Where does the other one go? (Don't tell me where the sun never shines). I can't find a flat spot on the arbor shaft or inboard washer and that doesn't leave much. What am I overlooking?
              Blind Bill
              Bill the second wrench slides down to the arbour behind the blade, opposite side of the nut you can feel on the end of the arbour.
              You may have to rotate the blade until the open end of the wrench indexes the flats on the arbour shaft, they are there.

So to recap, closed end wrench slips over nut on end of arbour and open end wrench slides down behind blade (or dado set) and you may have to rotate the blade till the wrench lines up with the flats on the arbour.

Lots of people won't bother with the open end wrench when removing the blade as it's easy to use a block of wood etc. to stop the blade and arbour from turning while you loosen the tightened nut. It is advisable however to use the open end wrench when installing the blade (or dado set) to hold the arbour from turning while you snug the nut with the other wrench.
              Not much force is necessary as mentioned by others as the direction the arbour and blade turns tends to tighten things up. Nut and arbour shaft are threaded in opposite direction of the turning shaft. It has to be this way if you think about it... If it wasn't the table saw would be a death trap waiting to launch a balde at the flick of the on switch.

Hope this helps
              Cheers! - Jim
              -------------
              All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

i dont change blades often so i keep the wrenches in my toolbox drawer just for tool wrenches. tool box is less than 6 steps away from shop area so travel time is nothing lol.

Comment

Working...
                X