Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you put the 3650 wrenches where?!?

I may be missing something obvious here, but...

Where does one put the blade wrenches for the 3650? Is there a given spot for them (like the hooks for the miter gauge and fence) or do I have to get creative?

Just wondering if there is a specific place and I can't find it.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: And you put the 3650 wrenches where?!?

Mine are hanging on a hook on my wall. I don't think there's a place on the saw for them. I have seen pics of shelves built and attached to the side legs of the saw for accessories. I'm sure you'll get many suggestions here.
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

I hang em where the fence hangers are. The fence stays on the saw 99.9% of the time, and when I need to move it, I'm generally going to change the saw blade first....it's just always worked out to hang them there.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I stuck a couple of rare earth magnets on the left side of the 3650 to stick the wrenches to.
        Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

I have some small earth magnets that came with my router plate. I have both of my TS wrenches and one of my router wrenches hanging from their own magnet. Before that I used to hang them on the fence hooks.
          No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

I'm with Sandy. Mine are either hanging from the hooks used for the fence storage or the miter gauge hooks on the legs of the saw. Works fine for me as both are normally on my saw top most of the time.
            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Third hurrah for hanging the wrenches on the fence hooks. Even with the wrenches there, the fence hangs just fine for the 1% of the time it is there.

Comment

Hmmm,

I dont even know where my wrenches are

I might want to find them and take some of the advise I have read here, but then again, I dont change blades often. I guess I could locate them and toss them in teh drawer with the other 5,000 tool wrenches I spend quality time going through everytime I need one.

Regards,

Comment

How about a few nails in the wall or maybe installing a small pegboard and hooks? If they are in sight, then you should be able to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                    How about a few nails in the wall or maybe installing a small pegboard and hooks? If they are in sight, then you should be able to find them.

According to my wife, Doing something like that would just make too much sense for me to do.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys!

I figured the fence hooks would be okay. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a "specific" place for them. They did such a good job with spaces for everything else, I thought maybe I left the "wrench storage hook" in the box.

Mike

Comment

Mine are in the trash where they belong. I use a couple regular wrenches in place of those cheapo stamped steel junkers.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I agree with Bob on the stamped wrenches in the trash. I hang my regular wrenches from the available hooks however.
                          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

hola guys, and girls,

since I am in the office , what size wrench are thos anyway, are they metric?
                            §m€llŸ™

Comment

This brings up an interesting question. When I'm using my dado set and want to tighten the arbor nut what's the best way to keep the shaft from moving. I hesitate to use the other wrench as a stop because I might do some damage to the blades. Untightening the nut doesn't seem to present any problem.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X