Need your opinion!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your opinion!!

I just received a sale flyer from Woodcraft. There is the INCRA Miter express and Miter Gauge 1000SE combo for $249.98. Is this a decent deal? I haven't done much research on INCRA, with a few exceptions. As mentioned in other threads, the opinions here are quite valuable. Thanks in advance...
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Re: Need your opinion!!

That's a decent deal, not a steal but less than individual prices. You won't regret getting that combo.

Oops, just noticed that Rockler has the combo for $229.49
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=1000se

Woodcraft usually price matches.

Oops, Hartville Tool has it ffor $229 thru May 31
    http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/11966
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Have you considered this:

http://www.newyankee.com/gettools.cgi?EB-3

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I did check on Amazon and price cutter, but their prices were a bit higher. I'm going to check the web sites linked KenM and possibly order one from them.

zeker,

That's a cool looking setup. I'l compare that to the Incra but I'm kinda sold on the Incra. I do appreciate the suggestion and link.

Comment

I bought the Woodcraft/Incra combo a number of months back when they first started selling it with their sticker on the miter gauge. The sticker is the only difference in the product as far as I know. It came in 2 boxes, shrink wrapped together, like they had a bunch of one or the other(table or gauge) and then got the other piece from Incra to make the set. I paid $239. It was an introductory promo.
          FYI. My Woodcraft price matches with the internet most of the time, so find your best on line price + freight and give it a shot. They go right to the site to verify it and then charge you what you'd pay with freight, or not if it's free shipping.. The only time they won't price match is when it's so ridiculously below their cost that they can't. They're in business to make money after all.
          I know you'll love it...
          Last edited by Hector B; 06-06-2007, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I did order the INCRA 1000se miter gauge and Miter express combo from Hartville Tool, $229 + $11.95 shipping, and received it on Monday. Finally had the time to put everything together and make a few cuts. I'm quite impressed with the quality of the accessories and the accuracy of the cuts. I made 2 45 miter cuts and butted them together, checked them with a machinist square and is dead on. I'm looking forward to building one of my boxes.

Thanks everyone for the input, greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X