X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blondewood Plywood

Here at the local BLUE borg they sell a Blondewood plywood that appears to be furniture quality. Its 25 for 1/2 and 35 for 3/4 a sheet. Does anyone have experience with it.Im afraid to use after seeing the post on birch plywood that a guy stained and it left dark lines where the veneer met.

Oh ya, im in Seattle area.

Re: Blondewood Plywood

Nobody knows anything about this wood?

Comment

I used some blondwood 3/4" ply from HD to build some cabinets for the laundry room. I planned to paint them and it was OK for that application. It is soft, softer than birch. The edges and ends splintered easily, use care handling. It was made in China and did have some small surface defects/stains due to the type?? of wood used for the veneer.

I also used it to make a desk, mainly a practice project to hone my skills.

The desk top was banded with solid wood and other raw edges were banded with adhesive birch tape. It sanded well and took a white wash pickling stain and water based polyurethane finish OK.

Personally, I wouldn't use it for fine furniture.
      Last edited by billmoy; 11-25-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks I googled it also.Only one opinion came up.Said it sanded poorly, alot of fuzz.
        Originally posted by billmoy View Post
        I used some blondwood 3/4" ply from HD to build some cabinets for the laundry room. I planned to paint them and it was OK for that application. It is soft, softer than birch. The edges and ends splintered easily, use care handling. It was made in China and did have some small surface defects/stains due to the type?? of wood used for the veneer.

I also used it to make a desk, mainly a practice project to hone my skills.

The desk top was banded with solid wood and other raw edges were banded with adhesive birch tape. It sanded well and took a white wash pickling stain and water based polyurethane finish OK.

Personally, I wouldn't use it for fine furniture.

Comment

Is the Blondewood you are refering to the Agathis plywood that I find at HD here in the Tacoma, WA area?

Comment

Working...
          X