Envey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Envey

I read these messages about plywood for $20 per sheet and just wanted to let everybody know just how lucky they are to have such wonderful prices. Here in Alaska, our plywood is $50 per sheet and our wood is the worst. The lumber suppliers sends us the worst wood knowing that it is cheaper to throw it away than to return it. I grew up in Ohio and know what good quality wood is and what we get in Alaska for #2 is the same as culls in Ohio.

Yes I am envious.

Re: Envey

Wow, sorry to hear the prices are what they are. I have a son that lives in Anchorage, has been for about 3 yrs and loves it. I enjoy the salmon and King crab he sends me. I'm quite envious of the seafood you can get much cheaper than we can down here, New Mexico. Have a great day...
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

It just goes to show you that all places have their advantages to living there.

Comment

I use to live in Fairbanks and N. Pole some years back, I also have that understanding about the price difference up there. But then again, I made a whole lot more money for what I was doing, compared to the lower 48 wages. But I could only handle Fairbanks weather for 2 years, too damn cold. -30 to -50 will make a person think, what the hell am I doing here I'm going back to MN. where it is warmer, can you believe that, MN. warmer lol....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
        X