X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS1400 Riser Block Availability and Price

Anyone recently gotten a riser block for the BS1400 Bandsaw from Ridgid? I know that there were some problems a few years back with some of them, but have heard nothing recently. I just got one today from a gent that, unfortunately, has been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, and it appears to be like new, but I want to lift it up for some occasional resawing.

I also heard that the Grizzly riser would work. I'd be interested in hearing recent experiences with both riser blocks and any workarounds for problems before I jump in.

Re: BS1400 Riser Block Availability and Price

The only problem I can recall ever hearing about the Ridgid riser block was the amount of money they charged for it. Otherwise, it's a pretty straight forward installation. If you can locate a Ridgid riser block for $50-$70 then thats the best way to go.

As for the Grizzly, they have two riser block kits that fit 14" bandsaw. I'm not exactly sure which one is the best fit for the Ridgid saw but someone here will know which one.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yea, Greg, I latched onto a lemon just a couple of months ago. I posted on one of the Ridgid tool forums and found that they indeed had a problem with the risers being incorrectly drill for the alignment pins back a couple of years ago. I bought mine from someone who had bought it during that time frame and never got around to installing it so I was the lucky guy who got to deal with the exchange. Actually, there was no exchange. Ridgid just shipped the correctly fitting replacement.

Later,
      Chiz
      Later,
      Chiz

Comment

I bought a grizzly one and it fits perfectly. It was cheap and easily available.
        Dont waste your money on a ridgid one.
        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I heard that there was an issue with one of the parts (not the block itself) with the Grizzly not being the same size as the Ridgid which was problematic. Any information on that?

Comment

I haven't heard of any issues on the Grizz parts kits. Rafael is right, though. The Ridgid kit is waaaay overpriced. If I hadn't gotten a good deal on the Ridgid I would have gone with Grizz as well.
            Last edited by ironhat; 05-30-2007, 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling
            Later,
            Chiz

Comment

I didn't have any problems with my grizzly riser kit not fitting. It's a different color than the ridgid though.
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Rafael, can you tell me the model # for the Grizzly block kit?

DAN

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
                  I didn't have any problems with my grizzly riser kit not fitting. It's a different color than the ridgid though.

That's why they make spray paint

I think that we would all like to see the riser block kit number that works with these saws. There are currently two that come up when you do a search for 'block' - H3051 and G1127(the later says that its an outlet item).
                  Later,
                  Chiz

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the two Grizzly riser kits for their 14" bandsaws are the H3051 and the H7316. As I said in my other post I'm not sure which one of those two fits the Ridgid. I did a Search using H7316 as the search subject and found a post by Rafael where he said that the H7316 was the one he mounted on his Ridgid BS. FWIW, both the H7316 and the H3051 sell for $59.95+ $9.95 S&H.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks to Badger, I didn't remember the part number for the kit I have.
                      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
                      X