X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 to 4" DC hose?

What suggestions do you have for connecting the 3650 TS existing 2.5" dust collectin outlet to a 4" hose?
    I bought a 4" to 2.5" reducer but the 2.5 end is the same as the one on the saw. I tried duct tape but it doesn't hold for long when you move the saw around. I just got the Rigid spindle/belt sander for Christmas and will have the same problem. I do not want the additional expense of buying 2.5 inch hose and clamps to complete the connection if I can avoid it. Is there a fitting that will go from the hose directly to the 2.5 dust outlets on Rigid tools?
    Start off slow then taper off.

Buy a coupler to join two 2 1/2" hoses.

Comment

I am new at this and could be wrong but since the dust exhaust port and adapter I have are both 2-1/2 outside diameter I would think that a 2-1/2" hose to hose splicer would also be the same 2-1/2" outside diameter and therefore would not work. Am I missing something?

I just saw something called a Hose Adapter on the Rockler.com site to "Easily and securely hook up a 4" hose directly to tools with a standard 2-1/4" port. Works well with most benchtop tools." Not sure if they are talking inside or outside diameter. If they are talking inside diameter perhaps that is what I need?

Comment

"...I tried duct tape but it doesn't hold for long..."

check out the plumbing section of your local HD or Lowes and look for a 2" Fernco coupling. It should have enough flex to overcome some varience in the pipe OD and make your connection. I haven't tried this myself but don't see why it would not work.

Comment

Mpax: You are correct. I forgot I had put a short hose on my 3650 down to the floor. That is where I have the coupler to hook the DC to.

Comment

Bob D: that looks rubber coupling looks like a possible solution. I will check it out. Thanks.

Comment

Before you buy the 2" Fernco, measure the OD of the saws dust chute discharge port and the adapter. I'm thinking that you might actually need a 3" Fernco coupling instead of a 2". Generally, Fernco's can be stretched to fit around a connection that is up to 5% larger than the size of the coupling but can be tightened down much farther than 5% if the coupling is a little oversized for the connection.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Short piece of 2 1/2 hose would be cheaper than any other solution. You already have the reducer.
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Thanks for all of the input. I made my first visit to the Atlanta Rockler store and found a 4" to 2-1/4" adapter that fits in the 3650 dust exhaust port. I did need to wrap a piece of duct tape on the adapter for a snug fit. The same adapter fits perfectly in the Ridgid sander exhaust port without the aid of a piece of duct tape. Best of all the adapters were on sale for less than $3 each.

Comment

Originally posted by mpax356:
                    Best of all the adapters were on sale for less than $3 each.
                    Yeah but how much did you spend on stuff you didn't know you "needed" until you got in the store? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                    Lorax
                    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
                    X