X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dado blade question

Hello all, i am new to this site. I am looking to purchase a TS3650 and i will be doing alot of dado cuts. The arbor on that unit is 1 1/8" is that enough for an 8" dado kit. I was thinking about an adjustable dado blade and it can not be used on arbors less than 1 3/8". So are the adjustable blade worth it? Can i make 3/4" dado cuts with that model saw?

thanks Ddio39

Re: Dado blade question

Welcome to the Forum, and enjoy the TS-3650 when you get one. If you can't the answers you seek on this forum concerning the TS-3650, they probably can't be found anywhere.

Originally posted by ddio39 View Post
    Hello all, i am new to this site. I am looking to purchase a TS3650 and i will be doing alot of dado cuts.

The arbor on that unit is 1 1/8" is that enough for an 8" dado kit.
    Yes, but you will need to leave the outboard washer off which the manual says is OK to do.

I was thinking about an adjustable dado blade and it can not be used on arbors less than 1 3/8". So are the adjustable blade worth it?
    Best advice is just stay away from an adjustable dado if you can. You will not get the quality of cuts you are expecting. In my opinion they are good for rough work but not much else.

Can i make 3/4" dado cuts with that model saw? Yes, you can make 3/4" dados with the TS-3650.

thanks Ddio39
    If you haven't already you might want to read through this thread about the TS-3650. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7585
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

thanks, i really appreciate it.

Comment

If by "adjustable dado" you mean a wobble dado, stay away from it. If you mean the Freud Dial-a-Dado, that's an excellent set, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit the 3650 anyway.
        Joe Spear

Comment

I have a TS2400 and have been using the Freud 8" set that runs just under $100 with great results. The owner's manual states that you don't need to use the cup shaped washer under the nut. Without that, the set with all shims just fits with a bit to spare. My guess is that the arbor on the 3650 is identical.

Comment

I have the freud set too and am able to make 3/4" cuts with it. It is a tight fit at the end, but I never knew you could keep the cap off, that would make things easier.

Comment

Working...
            X