Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arbor length

Jake,
    I asked prviously on another forum about the arbor length on my TS2424. I bought a stacked dado and you can't use it unless you leave the washer off and use just the nut. I read today that Ridgid has fixed this problem with a new arbor. Is this true or should I not use the OEM washer. Any advice you can give would be appreciated.
    Justin

There is a new arbor for the ridgid ts2424. My saw can take the stacked dado set.
    Andy B.

Comment

Andy B You said there is a new arbor for the TS2424 and that your will take a stacked dado. How old is your saw??? I has the TS2424-1 it's about 2years old is there a way to check to see if my saw will take a stacked dado? I'm in the marked for one in the next few months. If your not sure anout the size would it be possible for you to take a measurement of your arbor ( with out any washers) so I can see if mine will work?? It's alot to ask I hope you dont minded. Thanks
      Dan<br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/pepaw101\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/pepaw101</a>

Comment

I have the Frued 208 stacked dado Blade and have done 3/4 " with the washer on a TS242-1
        worked fine

Buzz [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The new arbor is only needed if you have an older saw and with a stacked dado, you cannot get a flat bottom on your cut. Initially the threads on the arbor were rolled, which could cause a taper in the shaft, they are now cut.

The arbor length has never been changed. You can fit up to a 13/16" dado on there. You will leave the outside blade collar off and put only the nut on. The collar is only needed to support a thin blade. A dado set has enough metal that it does not need the support from a collar.

If the arbor was any longer it would contact the underside of the insert at 45ยบ bevel and full height.

Jake

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by danomal:
            Andy B You said there is a new arbor for the TS2424 and that your will take a stacked dado. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your saw will accept a full 13/16" stack dado without any problems.

Jake

Comment

Working...
            X