No announcement yet.

Ridgid Spindle Sander

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Spindle Sander

I just picked up a new spindle sander from HD, and have 2 questions for anyone who owns one.
    The first question is whether the the belt sander attachment is also supposed to ossilate when it is being run. Mine is, but for some reason I was under the impression that it when the belt sander attachment was put on the sander that it would not ossilate. Maybe I was wrong?

The second question is it looks like the table is not really all that flat. It seems that the folding section of the table is higher is some places than others. Probally by a couple 1/16". Has anyone else had this problem?

Re: Ridgid Spindle Sander

As far as the oscillating belt is concerned, that's a good thing. It exposes more surface of the belt to the wood while you're sanding so it takes longer for the sanding belt to load up. You can take longer between cleanings with your big rubber eraser. About the non-flat table, that's a common criticism. I haven't found it too troubling in the work I do, but maybe you could seriously examine it and decide whether a little shimming or screw adjustment would help.
    Joe Spear