Kreg Bandsaw Fence on BS1400?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kreg Bandsaw Fence on BS1400?

Howdy! Has anyone put the Kreg super-duper bandsaw fence on their BS1400? Were there any issues? I need a good fence, and I want to make sure that I can set the fence for the drift when resawing. I looked at the Rockler bandsaw table/fence, and it looks like that is one adjustment that would not be possible.

Re: Kreg Bandsaw Fence on BS1400?

I just put a Kreg fence on my BS1400 and had no problems. Everthing went together very well and the fence seems to be very rigid when locked down. It will certainly make all of the needed adjustments for drift, the only downside is that once it is on the saw it becomes a little tricky to change blades because of how far back (towards the neck of the saw) the fence extends. If you're going to do a lot of blade changing I'd give it some thought, but otherwise I think you will be pleased.

Comment

Let me clarify what I just posted. It is not the fence that gets in the way, but the rail that the fence rides on.

Comment

I kind of figured that would be the case in changing blades, but hopefully when resawing I won't be changing blades alot. Thanks for your input.

Comment

I use the Kreg fence. I'll echo that it does a great job of keeping the drift angle, and will lock into that position time after time. The one and only problem of changing blades means you have to take the fence off the rails (very simple), and have some place to set it while you do the dance of snaking the coil off the wheels and around the back of the fence rail. Then repeat the dance to put the new blade on. Not too difficult IMO. I find myself going from resaw blade to a thinner blade fairly often. Maybe I've just gotten used to the "dance"!
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Kreg fence on the bandsaw is great. Pretty much a snap to install. Blade drift adjustments took some time. The front to back deflection is very, very, very minimal. Love it!

Comment

Heres another Kreg on a bs14002.
              Attached Files

Comment

Weblance...a question on your dust collection setup there if you don't mind. Do you leave the smaller DC hookup disconnected and open?
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Do any of you use one of the Kreg Resaw attachments for this fence? If so, are they are worthwhile upgrade?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                    Weblance...a question on your dust collection setup there if you don't mind. Do you leave the smaller DC hookup disconnected and open?
                    Yes... the upper port is open. I just cut through the door and added the 4" port. Works very well, no dust in the bottom compartment. The saw is hooked to a 650cfm collector.

Comment

Working...
                    X