X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lattice panels for a home deck

I am "closing in" the area under my deck with lattice panels. Each panel is 40"wide and 70" high and framed in PT 1x4s. I need a doorway in place of one panel section. I tentaively plan to make a rectangular frame out of PT 1x4s using half lap joints at the corners for strength. Hardware will be black strap hinges and a simple latch for holding the door shut. The hinge side of the door will be mounted to a PT 4x4 which will be secured top and bottom so the structure supporting the door should be fairly substantial. Anybody have any ideas for adding strength to the PT 1x4 door? Lattice panels and 1x4s are rather light weight, or am I overthinking this. Comments appreciated.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: lattice panels for a home deck

You are overthinking. If the lattice is securly fastened to the PT 1x4's it will have plenty of bracing to keep it in shape.
    Jim

Comment

If you are really concerned with it, or have problems with the door once it is installed you can always get a kit from HD that has a cable and 2 eyelets. In the center of the cable there is a (proper name slips me now, and I look at these things often at work) part that lets you adjust the length of the cable. You can mount this on the inside of the door so it is not seen from the outside and it should help any sag you have.

Comment

Turnbuckle?
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X