Bandsaw/Table saw wiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandsaw/Table saw wiring

What are the benefits, if any ,of wiring BS1400 or TS3650 from 110 to 220?
    I just bought a bunch of new Ridgid tools and am still in the assembly stage.
    Thanks
    Larry

Re: Bandsaw/Table saw wiring

Other than being on a separate circuit from your other tools, there is no distinct advantage or disadvantage of running either at 220 over 110.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I've made the switch on 2 of my saws...there was minimal difference with the first one, but a noticeable improvement on 220 with the second. The 3650 doesn't pose a high amp draw so it'll typically do just fine a standard 110v line. There can be an advantage with 220 IF your 110v line has borderline capacity. In a perfect world, there is theoretically no difference, but due to losses in the lines, there tends to be more voltage sag with a 110 line than in a 220 line...especially at start up when the motor draws considerably higher amperage than when up to speed.

If all is well on your 110 line and you don't have 220, I wouldn't pursue it. If all is well and you have 220 available, I'd probably switch. If you have lights dimming and the motor is straining often on 110, I'd definitely look to 220.

Comment

Welcome to the forum but try the search option as this is a popular topic
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. I'm a newbie and appreciate the assistance.
          Larry

Comment

Working...
          X