Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZCI Sound

Hi Everyone:

I have a TS3650 and purchased a ZCI. I installed it according to instructions. It seems to work fine, but it makes a noise as the blade side is scraping the side of the ZCI. I did not change blades. The blade appears to be parallel when measured. The trunnion appears tight, but the blade itself will flex when pushed. I am using the stock blade that came with the saw. Could this be the problem?

Thanx

Re: ZCI Sound

Mine did the same thing, and I use a razor sharp Ridge Carbide blade. Made an awful racket starting up and especially powering down. There's enough friction / contact to make noise, but not enough to cut the .001 material off. What I did is use a 1 x 3, cut to about 8" long to push on the side of the blade, as I raised it up. This forces the blade to flex slightly and cuts a tiny bit more off the ZCI so your blade gets full clearance. Do this on both sides, taking your blade to full height, and your kerf will be about a hair wider, but the noise will decrease significantly.

Now, this is an incredibly stupid, dangerous task... so be careful. It's wise to have someone else handling the blade adjustment wheel while you push your scrap against the blade. You should NOT push on the blade until the teeth gullet is at least 3/4" above the ZCI so you can push on the flat smooth side of the blade. Do not push hard; it just takes a bit of pressure. Raise the blade relatively fast, so you don't get burns on the side.

Good luck! Note the caveat about stupid, dangerous and being careful!

Comment

I would think a few strokes with a bastard file would achieve the desired effect and be far safer

Comment

I dunno, the first method looks like it would work, but seems scary. I don't have a file that thin, I tried. Maybe I can just use sandpaper to shave a bit off.

Comment

Just run a thicker blade through the opening, buy a good blade, about a 100 discussion on the blades in the past. Save your stock blade for crappy work.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I had the same problem when the saw was about 3 weeks old. I had bought a new Freud blade so I put it on. Same thing. I took the blade off and cleaned the bottom end of the spindle (shaft). I don't know what came off but the sound stopped. Must have been some crud holding the blade out of square at the rear of the blade.

Comment

Working...
            X