X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of the small vacs are quietest?

I need the smallest size. I have the bat. powered one noise is acceptable but need an AC one to clean small animal cages.
    Have tried the $29 6gal cheapo and WD4050 with muffler. They are too loud.
    THX

Re: Which of the small vacs are quietest?

One of the quietest shop vacs available is the Fein. One of the most expensive shop vacs is also the Fein.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If you don't mind some good money, you might like a NILFISK. They are nice and quiet and also well made. The problem is finding them. Any by Ridgid or ShopVac are going to be pretty loud. You could get another hose and connect it to the discharge-blower port and then put the end (may need several hoses and hose connectors) well away from your working area. I've found a hose to in many cases cut down noise better than the little mufflers do.

How small of a vac (drum size) do you need? Is this so it's light weight so you can carry it around with you? Could you maybe use a back pack style vacuum cleaner?

Are you doing this at home or at a Vet clinic or pet hotel? If for commercial use, you may have filter and dirt/maure containment issues that must be dealt with.
      Last edited by Woussko; 06-09-2007, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        One of the quietest shop vacs available is the Fein. One of the most expensive shop vacs is also the Fein.
        Along with the Fein, you could also look at the Festool. http://www.festoolusa.com/category.aspx?id=6 So quiet you could shop vac your cat.

Roughly the same price point as the Fein though

Comment

The cheapest Fein model, the Turbo I is $229 at Coastal Tool. I've had the previous cheapest Fein model, the mini-turbo, for at least 7 years and I love it. Tremendous suction, has 3 times the bag capacity of the festool, and it is quiet.

Comment

German WAP/ALTO Attix vas. Super quiet. Super expensive!!!!
            You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Fein gets my vote also. I replaced a Shop Vac which sounded like a KC135 at take-off. The difference is like night and day!

Comment

The Fein vac are too big.I found out that the Ridgid vacs that have PHP in the model #'s have the scroll motors which make less noise. So I got the wall mount unit because it is small and has a long hose.
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X